Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

KM item ?

Article about: Does anyone recognize this item? Thought it might be Kriegsmarine because of its shape. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Steve

Default KM item ?

Does anyone recognize this item? Thought it might be Kriegsmarine because of its shape. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM item ?   KM item ?  

KM item ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM item ?
    P
    Many

?

Don't know what it is but it is cool no matter what. With the lead head and fins it almost looks like an old depth finder. I will state it is not Eva Braun's pleasure toy as I am sure that will be coming...Oops! Did I say that? Sorry...At times the old Jarhead comes out in me and due to lots on Junk on the bunk I digress.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

It is supposed to be a echo sounding device used by the German navy / u boats, according to the person who is offering it to me. The warning translates " caution sharp explosive " as near as I can figure so not sure what this thing is!! Thanks for clearing out the option of Eva's toy Rossi that narrows the field!!

What does it measure? I think the jury might be out still regarding if this belonged to Frau Braun...

?

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    It is supposed to be a echo sounding device used by the German navy / u boats, according to the person who is offering it to me. The warning translates " caution sharp explosive " as near as I can figure so not sure what this thing is!! Thanks for clearing out the option of Eva's toy Rossi that narrows the field!!
    LOL! I won't go any deeper on this one.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by electricdigger View Post
    What does it measure? I think the jury might be out still regarding if this belonged to Frau Braun...
    Hahahahahaa, too funny !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    It is supposed to be a echo sounding device used by the German navy / u boats, according to the person who is offering it to me.
    You're right about its purpose (although I don't know whether this one really is from the Reichsmarine / Kriegsmarine, as the technology was also used on civilian vessels).

Developed in the 1920s, these things are known as a Freilot, Falllot or Electrolot devices. They were dropped into the water, where they sank at a constant, known speed and detonated when impacting the ocean floor. An underwater listening device picked up the sound waves and from this data, the ocean depth could be calculated.

The manufacturer is the Electroacustic GmbH (Elac) of Kiel, founded in 1926 and still in business today: ELAC

?

Very interesting and informative as always HPL2008 !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

And here i thought it was an exploding fishing lure......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    You're right about its purpose (although I don't know whether this one really is from the Reichsmarine / Kriegsmarine, as the technology was also used on civilian vessels).

Developed in the 1920s, these things are known as a Freilot, Falllot or Electrolot devices. They were dropped into the water, where they sank at a constant, known speed and detonated when impacting the ocean floor. An underwater listening device picked up the sound waves and from this data, the ocean depth could be calculated.

The manufacturer is the Electroacustic GmbH (Elac) of Kiel, founded in 1926 and still in business today: ELAC

Thank you for your help it is appreciated. I wonder if it is civilian or at least pre-war as it has the makers name and city on it.

Steve