Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Compass

Article about: Hi, I am new to this forum. I recently bought this compass. Can anyone give me his views about it please?, I think it belonged to a schnellboot, but any further comments will be highly appre

Smile Kriegsmarine Compass

Hi, I am new to this forum. I recently bought this compass. Can anyone give me his views about it please?, I think it belonged to a schnellboot, but any further comments will be highly appreciated, Best Regards and many thanks, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150307_161531.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	207.2 KB 
ID:	821667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150307_161544.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	821668  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150307_161457.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	214.0 KB 
ID:	821666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150307_161523.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	821669  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150307_161503.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	821670  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

you are correct,it is Kreigsmarine but from what?hard to tell.

I was told that it belonged to an E boat, but not 100% sure

Hello there, I know you are new to the forum but please read the different forum threads, what has a compass got to do with belt buckles? I will move thread to a more suitable sub forum
    Ben

Hi there, Apologies, sorry about this, will pay more attention next time, best regards, Juan
    Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Hello there, I know you are new to the forum but please read the different forum threads, what has a compass got to do with belt buckles? I will move thread to a more suitable sub forum

Hi, posted this thread a few weeks ago, does anyone else know anything about this compass?, appreciate your comments, best regards, Juan

Hi guys, I have been going some old threads I entered. Wanted to share with you my compass. I have been able to find out more about it. It was rescued by a family at Bordeaux s Naval base. I think this is a compass that once belonged to a Schnellboot (E boat), hope you like it, Regards, Juan

Personally, I cannot imagine each kind of craft having it's own style of binnacle. I would think that such things are pretty much generic. E-Boat, U-Boat, etc.....could even be in a life boat. Either way, it's a very nice item and certainly a good collectable piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William, I guess you are right, but been checking out and found this link, very similar to mine

schnelboot kompasstand restoration - Germany: Third Reich: Uniforms, Headwear, Insignia & Equipment - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Personally, I cannot imagine each kind of craft having it's own style of binnacle. I would think that such things are pretty much generic. E-Boat, U-Boat, etc.....could even be in a life boat. Either way, it's a very nice item and certainly a good collectable piece.