Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.

Article about: Well done D. Nothing more to say really because the guys have already said it! Super restoration. The JU-52 is a beauty too, would love to fly over on that and then get picked up in the car

?

Default Re: The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.

Well done D. Nothing more to say really because the guys have already said it! Super restoration. The JU-52 is a beauty too, would love to fly over on that and then get picked up in the car and taken around the island...oh yes, fine way to spend an afternoon!

Regards,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.

core thats a beutiful restoration very nice job and that ju52 what a photo looks brilliant

tom

?

Any chance there are any period pictures of this car from the war to be found ?.

Very nice restoration...Wonderful Job......BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Indeed Bill, A very nice restoration.

Jersey, were you able to use the original or original type of powerplant for the vehicle?

Hi,
    The original engine was reconditioned along with the gear box, in fact anything that could be saved was saved and re-used in the rebuild. And to answer Gew98's question, I am a collector of photo albums from the Channel Islands and as such am always hoping to find a picture of the car in an album one day. That would be fantastic. I do have a picture of it just after the Occupation with the family that bought it on an outing in Jersey.
    D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12