Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.

Article about: Well done D. Nothing more to say really because the guys have already said it! Super restoration. The JU-52 is a beauty too, would love to fly over on that and then get picked up in the car

Default The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.

This is a Stoewer R200 S radio car (Le. Pkw Kfz.2 Fu) built and brought to jersey in 1940 by the German armed forces. It was sold off after the end of the Occupation and changed hands a couple of times until it spent a number of years rusting away behind a local garage. I acquired it in 1990 and spent 10 years rebuilding it (not all on my own). Every time I take it for a drive around the Islands roads I alway wonder when driving along if the car had been along the same road driven by a German soldier. Living on a Island only 9 miles by 5 I am sure to have taken the car over old ground.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D

Still looking for items from the Channel Islands...email me if you have something at damienhorn1@gmail.com
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.   The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.  

The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.   The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.  

The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.   The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.
    P
    Many

Default Re: The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.

Nice piece of history !!

Is that JU52 on the island ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: The last German field car left in Jersey from the German occupation.

WOW! A nice car

That Ju52 is like the car-the last left on the island by the Germans. Both equally amazing condition preservations. I doubt very much if either looked that great while the Germans themselves were still using them! Very impressive! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Beautiful restoration.........!

Do you have any before and/or during restoration photos ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Super nice ride Jersey. Were any of these 200's four wheel drive?

Jay

Morning all,
    The ju52 was just visiting the Island for our air display a couple of years ago and the photo opportunity was too good to miss. The plane is based somewhere near Paris. My car is 4 wheel drive and also has a 4 wheel steering selector, so turning a tight circle is easy.
    D.

Brilliant mate, a fantastic restoration effort.

Thanks for that, it was a lot of hard work and heart ache, not too mention anything about the money. In my view the car's history was enough to make it worth saving regardless of all the rest.
    D.

By doing what you have done the car will be around for future generations to appreciate and I'm sure they will. Some museum in the future will have a great asset and a lot to thank you for, again well done mate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast