Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Late war canteen...looks ok?

Article about: UPDATE: The canteen arrived this morning...I'm posting more pics. Assuming that it's an original piece, it's still a bit of "hit and miss"... First of all, there are no markings an

?

Default Late war canteen...looks ok?

Hey Guys,

This late war canteen (seller has no info on markings) looks ok?
    4 button felt cover, with some surf. rust on the buttons.
    Red painted, metal canteen - it has a missing alu or bakelite cup (but I have a spare).

Cheers,
    FabeLate war canteen...looks ok?Late war canteen...looks ok?Late war canteen...looks ok?Late war canteen...looks ok?Late war canteen...looks ok?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late war canteen...looks ok?
    P
    Many

A good one Fabe! .... pigskin leather straps and nice enameling. The marks are usually down further on the body on these, not on the neck.
    Look for a circle or rectangle with light stamping - the thick enamel can obscure it.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks OK mid to late war I have a MN 43 just exactly like it same color reddish rust and pigskin strap. I think its good. timothy

?

THX Guys! 'Hope I win it...if I do, I'll update with more pics.

After, you must find the cup...
    The Collector's Guild

Hi

A few notes / observations on this one....

indeed a nice later war example

- I would like to know if the strap is not broken... it is not attached to the bottom (button) of the field bottle so the strap hole could be defect... I would ask more pictures of the lower strap if I were you.

- In fact I would like to see more pictures of the whole strap with the clip.... looks sort of strange .... but that could be the pictures....

- Does the top button of the cover close ?? Due to the years these felt covers shrink, and sometimes the top button doesn't close anymore....

- you will need a steel (enamelled or painted) cup for this one, not an alu one....

Just some observations / tips

Tom

?

Thanks Tom, in the discription the seller writes: "the canteen is in top shape, no tears or repairs" - so I do hope for the best - there might be no time for additional pics. (btw., if I do win it, it will be for around 20 EU)
    I'll let you guys know...

PS: Tom, if you still have gascan straps for me (maybe colored /faded somewhat close to strap on the can - see pic.) We'll do some business in January for sure. As you can see, it's a bit salty looking...
    Late war canteen...looks ok?

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    Hi

A few notes / observations on this one....

indeed a nice later war example

- I would like to know if the strap is not broken... it is not attached to the bottom (button) of the field bottle so the strap hole could be defect... I would ask more pictures of the lower strap if I were you.

- In fact I would like to see more pictures of the whole strap with the clip.... looks sort of strange .... but that could be the pictures....

- Does the top button of the cover close ?? Due to the years these felt covers shrink, and sometimes the top button doesn't close anymore....

- you will need a steel (enamelled or painted) cup for this one, not an alu one....

Just some observations / tips

Tom

?

"- you will need a steel (enamelled or painted) cup for this one, not an alu one...." - I do have a spare black original bakelite cup - or would that be not "matching" the era?

?

well, I just won the canteen for 33 EU...
    when I receive it, I'll update with more pics.

(I asked about the strap - not broken)

cheers,
    Fabe

Good to hear !!! Yes, a bakelite one will also do !

As for the straps, I still have a few left

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast