Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Lederrieman für Fernsprechtornister

Article about: Hi folks, There were many kinds of straps and belts in use with the Wehrmacht. Here is one you don't see often - if at all. This a short leather strap for the Fernsprechtornister. Two of the

Default Lederrieman für Fernsprechtornister

Hi folks, There were many kinds of straps and belts in use with the Wehrmacht. Here is one you don't see often - if at all. This a short leather strap for the Fernsprechtornister. Two of these were used to attach the cabling poles to the Tornister. Note they are quite short - less than 12 inches or about 30 centimeters. It is marked gxy 1941. There is also a symbol in an octagon BA 1919 - is that correct? Period photo shows how the poles were attached to the Tornister. NH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nachrichten.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	977558

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	977556Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	977557

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It is a seldom seen piece of equipment, congrats for its condition and thanks for sharing.
    If i'm not mistaking, the markings BA in the small octogon indicates a Luftwaffe item.
    Thanks
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

it's the story of a man who falls from a fifty floors building, throughout his fall he says to reassure himself, so far so good, so far so good, so far so good, but what does matter is not the fall....it's the landing (La Haine, 1995)

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks! It is in superb condition. I will post photos of the pack itself. I intend to have these straps reproduced to complete my other packs. NH

I often wonder why the roller buckle was used on some items and not others.....
    these straps, zelt straps, feldflasches but NOT helmets or gamaschens......it was a better friction-less system that did not stress the leather as much as non-roller buckles...
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

And now for some photos of the near mint example of the Fernsprechtornister that has the two original straps. I purchased this from Howard Kelley (History Under Glass). A great deal and worth every penny. Note that this example has the shelf unit, an often missing part. The straps were an added bonus and something I have sought for years. I have a mint set of shoulder straps and will add those to this example. NH

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	188.7 KB 
ID:	977757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	977758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	977759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	977760

This set of Lederriemen will go with the Tornister. Manufactured by the same company - Gebruder Klinge. NH

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	980865