Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Lifebouy from the Panzerschiff Graff Spree: Original?

Article about: According to the source Big Ned cited, which said, "The fresh Kaiserrot-paint was a bright red, but this paint quickly faded out to a orange/brown red due to the saliferous environment.

According to the source Big Ned cited, which said, "The fresh Kaiserrot-paint was a bright red, but this paint quickly faded out to a orange/brown red due to the saliferous environment." given its age, shouldn't the ring in the color photo be orange/brown instead of bright red? For what's it worth, I sent a question to the Deutsche Schifffahrtsmuseum in Bremerhaven asking about type, color, and name on WWII German Navy warships life rings. Big Ned has already provided the color answer, so let's see what they say about the name being on the ring. Dwight

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

As I read I ponder why I no longer post ,as this disharmony has put A bad taste in my mouth.
    Not on this thread only.

What happened to the ole WRF? It is not the same atmosphere as it was at one time.
    Makes me sad about it all.

Eric
    [h=3]e pluˇriˇbus uˇnum[/h]

?

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    As I read I ponder why I no longer post ,as this disharmony has put A bad taste in my mouth.
    Not on this thread only.

What happened to the ole WRF? It is not the same atmosphere as it was at one time.
    Makes me sad about it all.

Eric
    I agree, Eric.
    I lament, that WRF has changed for the worse.
    Not the same atmosphere as there once was.
    WRF was once a haven and an excellent forum, where one relaxed in good company and could be certain of a good tone. Not so any more.
    A spiteful tone and unwarrented personal attacks abound.
    As evidenced not only by this thread.
    A forum member quoted me in another thread and stated that certain forum members could go else where. I defended said forum members and answered with neither insults nor attacks.
    One point I raised in my answer was, that all balanced comments have always been and are welcomed on the forum.
    Ironically (or rather tragically), my post was deleted.
    I most certainly dont owe anybody any explanation for my actions here, but as chance would have it, I considered supporting the forum by donating to show my support for the forum due to recent events in regards to a certain digger show. It involved a hitherto respected moderator here and I defended him and the forum vehemently in the row that followed.
    I once considered WRF a nice, balanced and fair forum.
    The tone was always nice here.
    Sadly that has changed.
    WRF is most certainly not what it once was.

I still Love you guys and your input.

But still so sad for the forum.

Eric
    [h=3]e pluˇriˇbus uˇnum[/h]

?

That feeling is mutual in regards to my feelings for most here

Agreed, recent developements very sad for the forum.

Thank you very much for the replies. According to the local family of a former crewman Graff Spee belonged to which this life, it was removed from the ship to lose camouflaged documentation within Lifeguard. Only God knows if this is so. What is certain is that once belonged to a former crew member of the ship.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123