Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Little pocket

Article about: Hello! Found this week near Rouen It's 10 cm large Do you know what it is ? Thanks Cheers, Michel

The back is flat, the size is for the speedloader.
    One from our friend JERSEY.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Little pocket
    P
    Many

?

If I remember correctly there should be no fastners or attachment hard ware found on these I believe when found on the magazine pouches they were stitched on.

Regards Mark K

?

It would sort of defeat the concept of 'speed'loading, as there is no loop on the back for attaching to a belt for easy and quick access.

This must have been meant for carrying in a pocket or kit. I still go with Compass case.

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    If I remember correctly there should be no fastners or attachment hard ware found on these I believe when found on the magazine pouches they were stitched on.

Regards Mark K
    I wrote my above post as you posted.

How ever, I see no trace of stitching other than what holds the case together in the pics most recently posted by lebus?

?

I have been known to be mistaken on an occasion or two .
    I would be interested in seeing the back of the one that Michel originally posted . You very well could be correct on the compass case scout I just do not ever remember seeing another example like this one before.

Regards Mark K

Cheers,
    Michel

A compass pouch would still need to be attached to the webbing, again for the purpose of easy access while using it-otherwise you'd have to take it out, take out the compass, put the pouch back then operate the compass and map and then reverse to put it away again...

Here's a quite similar pouch stitched to the mag pouch!...

Little pocket

a quote from "official manual"...."In the official part listing, the D167/2 the magazine loader is defined as part number 114, Specification number: J 53002 and drawing specification 01 E 3322. The magazine loader was also used as storage for the magazine brush. The loader itself was kept in a small side pouch knitted on the right 3-cell or 6-cell magazine pouch."

I'm 99% sure this is a speed loader pouch!..

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    A compass pouch would still need to be attached to the webbing, again for the purpose of easy access while using it-otherwise you'd have to take it out, take out the compass, put the pouch back then operate the compass and map and then reverse to put it away again...
    Not exactly my field, but I dont see why a compass case would need to be attached to anything for fast access to the instrument.
    Its not like knowing where you are, is a hyper emergency where you have to suddenly whip out a compass.

Getting lost can of course mean a sticky situation.

I thought it more of a protective case for a compass

Again, I dont if it is that, but my suggestion was just for a protective case for the instrument - not a case needed for easy access.

Could still turn out to be a case for other stuff - Im certainly open to suggestions.

Still, I see no loop nor any remains of stitching (other than that which currently holds the webbing case in the OP together), that would suggest it being stitched to anything hence my suggestion of it being a protective case for for example compass, watch or something in that vein.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Yes.

I see no problem in that description.

Sort of like I and countless others have used the instrument over time - be it in uniform or not.

?

lebus, what are the dimensions of the case, please?

It looks small, but we need the dimensions to be sure.

Military pouches of different sizes are made for a vast variety of purposes and they are legion.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Michel it almost reminds me of the speed loader pouch I have seen on the side of the triple MP-38/MP-40 magazine pouches.

Regards Mark K
    Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Here's a quite similar pouch stitched to the mag pouch!...

a quote from "official manual"...."In the official part listing, the D167/2 the magazine loader is defined as part number 114, Specification number: J 53002 and drawing specification 01 E 3322. The magazine loader was also used as storage for the magazine brush. The loader itself was kept in a small side pouch knitted on the right 3-cell or 6-cell magazine pouch."

I'm 99% sure this is a speed loader pouch!..
    Ahh, that makes sense. Now I get it.

A good suggestion IMO.

I was mired down in thinking a pouch for spare cartridges, when I heard the term 'speed loader,' as that I what Im used to calling a device for quick loading of firearms from my years of competitive shooting (in some cases a circular device pre-loaded with cartridges for quick-dumping rounds into the cylinder of a revolver with the push or twist of a button).

I call the device for loading mags a 'mag loader*,' but thats just me - either term will do, I suppose, as long as we agree on the correct tool and what its utilized for

IMO the pouch looks too small for a mag loader, as mentioned, but we wont know for sure until we compare dimensions of the loader and the pouch

MP34/40 mag loader
    https://www.google.dk/search?hl=da&s...57.Qx_XUE7Av5Q

*For example the excellent LULA mag loader/'un-loader:'
    maglula, Ltd. > Home

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast