Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Look what was found on the beach.

Article about: There is a new electric cable coming ashore here in Jersey from France. Before it hits the beach, the beach has had to be checked for any possible ordnance that might be buried there. Whilst

Default Look what was found on the beach.

There is a new electric cable coming ashore here in Jersey from France. Before it hits the beach, the beach has had to be checked for any possible ordnance that might be buried there. Whilst the search was being carried out these tank traps were dug up. They are missing the arm which makes them stand up but even so for such items to be found buried on the beach was quite amazing. Luckily I was able to get hold of them for "free" that included the delivery to me here at home on the other side of the Island. Although they are well encrusted the metal is not too bad underneath. I realise that they will deteriorate if left untreated but do intend on getting to work on them as soon as possible.There was also one 75mm shell found but that was blown up.
    It just show that you never know whats beneath your feet when your on the beach, There were also a number of pieces of railway track that had been cut with a torch so I am presuming they originally acted as anti invasion posts on the beach possibly with tellermines on top.... we did blow 9 teller mines up on the beach very close to this spot only a couple of months ago.
    Hope you like the pictures from Jersey.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Look what was found on the beach.   Look what was found on the beach.  

Look what was found on the beach.   Look what was found on the beach.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Look what was found on the beach.
    P
    Many

Sweeeeeeeeeet!