Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

looking for SS and Wehrmacht license plates

Article about: Hi all, I'm looking for SS and/or Wehrmacht (Luftwaffe or Heer) license plates for my hobby collection. Many thanks for your help

Default looking for SS and Wehrmacht license plates

Hi all,

I'm looking for SS and/or Wehrmacht (Luftwaffe or Heer) license plates for my hobby collection.

Many thanks for your help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement looking for SS and Wehrmacht license plates
    P
    Many

hasselmeyer
    ?

Default Re: looking for SS and Wehrmacht license plates

I have a pair of SS plates...not sure what to say beyond that...one is rectangular, the other a bigger semi pentagon shaped. both out of some sort of composite material. Never seen WH plates before and certainly out of my level of expertise.

Hi,
    thanks for your reply.
    Are you willing to sell the plates ?
    Could you send me a picture of these plates (jdmuller@netplus.ch) ?
    Many thanks
    JD Muller

hasselmeyer
    ?

these are a pair that i have absolutely no clue about...appear to be made out of some sort of wood composite as opposed to metal which is what I would expect. There is tape on the rear where they were apparently attached to a dispaly board. These were supposedly removec by an MP after the war and sent home. I really don't have a clue about these things.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture looking for SS and Wehrmacht license plates   looking for SS and Wehrmacht license plates  

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I have never seen number plates in anything but metal. These look like modern "MDF" material. They are also lack the correct red ink stamp. They have no age to them.

Cheers, Ade.

hasselmeyer
    ?

Beats me. They look like they were bolted on through two holes as there is some rust and discoloration...but as I said, I've never seen anything to compare. Very decent looking set...if these were some sort of post war production...i'd wonder why they didn't use metal which surely would have been easier and better to fake.

They may well have been made by a re-enactor/vehicle owner and not actually made to decieve.

Cheers, Ade.

hi i agree those look real bad, and to the would be buyer save your money there has been some ''original'' ss plates hovering around just now.

?

Hello, I am new to the forum and enjoy learning from all the posts. While I don't have any knowledge about WW2 German license plates, I do remember these two plates selling on Gunbroker a few months ago. I hope they aren't fake because I bought several "original" items from that same Gunbroker seller. Cass

Quote by sawman View Post
    Hello, I am new to the forum and enjoy learning from all the posts. While I don't have any knowledge about WW2 German license plates, I do remember these two plates selling on Gunbroker a few months ago. I hope they aren't fake because I bought several "original" items from that same Gunbroker seller. Cass
    hi any pics?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast