Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luft-Navigationskarte in Mercator Projektion, Great Subject Matter 1940/41

Article about: Just picked this up, and I would love some more information on it. It is the "yellow" colored Luftwaffe map, with sharp eagles and it is in great shape. Best part is the subject ma

Default Luft-Navigationskarte in Mercator Projektion, Great Subject Matter 1940/41

Just picked this up, and I would love some more information on it.

It is the "yellow" colored Luftwaffe map, with sharp eagles and it is in great shape.

Best part is the subject matter of the map...Great Britain and the northern coast of France, dated for 1940/41 the height of the Battle of Great Britain!

I also got it in a map sleeve, two sided with zippers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft-Navigationskarte in Mercator Projektion, Great Subject Matter 1940/41   Luft-Navigationskarte in Mercator Projektion, Great Subject Matter 1940/41  

Luft-Navigationskarte in Mercator Projektion, Great Subject Matter 1940/41   Luft-Navigationskarte in Mercator Projektion, Great Subject Matter 1940/41  

Luft-Navigationskarte in Mercator Projektion, Great Subject Matter 1940/41   Luft-Navigationskarte in Mercator Projektion, Great Subject Matter 1940/41  

Luft-Navigationskarte in Mercator Projektion, Great Subject Matter 1940/41  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft-Navigationskarte in Mercator Projektion, Great Subject Matter 1940/41
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Can't provide much help. But I like it!!!! Cool item.

Will defer to others for details.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like a nice early map with droop-tailed eagles.

The yellow color is for better visibility during low light situations.

These maps were specifically produced for the Luftwaffe, and coordinates were different from the army and navy.

Any markings on the map case? Might be a private purchased piece.

Regards,
    Taka

Thanks for the feedback! Sadly no markings on the map case, correct period snaps...so must have been a private purchase or maybe something that just was not marked up!