Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe K32 GWB Barracks radio

Article about: A fairly chunky bit of kit.... Bob

Default Luftwaffe K32 GWB Barracks radio

A fairly chunky bit of kit....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe K32 GWB Barracks radio   Luftwaffe K32 GWB Barracks radio  

Luftwaffe K32 GWB Barracks radio   Luftwaffe K32 GWB Barracks radio  

Luftwaffe K32 GWB Barracks radio  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe K32 GWB Barracks radio
    P
    Many

Nice Luft radio-is it functional?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Nice Luft radio-is it functional?
    Not sure William, it is complete, but as it is 110V, and we operate on 240 here in Australia, I would need a step down unit of some form to crank it up,
    so I have never attempted to turn it on ......

Bob

Nice luft radio my friend had one several years ago that still worked plugged into 110 nice diplay BTW timothy

It's in 110v?? Now That's interesting! Most all German radios you see like the bakelite "Volksempfaenger" VE301's, etc. are all in 220v so we can't play them here in the States as we run on 110v here! They all have that huge plug with the big prongs as well. (admittedly, they do have the dual voltage switch, but I'm always too worried to give the 110V setting a try! I can just picture a loud noise and smoke coming out of the one I'd try it on!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks Timothy, and William, you may be right, I was told it was probably 110 Volts, so just assumed that was the case. if the Volksempfaenger is 220V, then this is
    probably the same, but like you, I would hate to crank it up, and see the big mushroom cloud appear over it....
    (it has a different plug assembly to what we have here too).

Bob

It has been over 25 years ago I remember he put a adaptor on it to plug it in as the prongs were too large I tend to agree with you all I wouldn't try it either on such a nice piece now that I think back on it it probably was not the best idea. He only gave 50 dollars for it and said what the heck. I had a volks one once and never did try it as I had same fears of it being ruined. timothy

I have the same model. It is operated either with 220 or switchable to battery operation. I replaced capacitors and tubes on my set and it works with an electrical converter here in the US. These are classified as entertainment radios. You will note the antenna is cleverly hidden in the back panel in a coil form. The small cardboard pouch inside on the bottom is the receptacle for the power cable. There should be two straps to hold the batteries in place. I see one is still in place on the left side. On top, you can add a set of headphones - the receptacle is on the right side. The doors are spring loaded and they pop open when you press the button! I can post a photo of my set if you have any interest. NH

Many thanks Neil, that is the most information I have been able to find, re the radio so far, and yes, I would love to see some photos of yours mate....

Thanks again,

Bob