Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Mess Hall cup?

Article about: I collect some of the Third Reich porcelain, although I've never seen a cup like this. Most of the cups that I do have, have the makers mark and Luftwaffe/Heer eagle on the bottom. This one

Default Luftwaffe Mess Hall cup?

I collect some of the Third Reich porcelain, although I've never seen a cup like this. Most of the cups that I do have, have the makers mark and Luftwaffe/Heer eagle on the bottom. This one has the Eagle on the side. Is this just a normal Luftwaffe mess hall cup? Or something different like on officers mess hall cup?Luftwaffe Mess Hall cup?Luftwaffe Mess Hall cup?Luftwaffe Mess Hall cup?. Any help is appreciated on this one.

Size: 3 3/8 " dia. 2 1/2 high
    Print under glaze manufacturers name : C.T. ALTWASSER GERMANY
    Print under glaze Luftwaffe eagle on the front of cup.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Mess Hall cup?
    P
    Many

To me the eagle, especially its head, doesnt look very Luftwaffery

The CT stamp looks good. A very famous porcelain manufacturer.
    CT Germany was first part of a mark used by a company in Altwasser, Germany (now part of Walbrzych, Poland), in 1845. The mark was used by Carl Tielsch. The Hutschenreuther firm took over the company in 1918 and continued to use the CT. CT Germany was used by the Hutschenreuther firm even after the Altwasser factory, now part of Walbrzych, Poland, was nationalized by the Polish government
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

So this could be a post war fake or reproduction?

Quote by wharfrat57 View Post
    So this could be a post war fake or reproduction?
    Its only my opinion that the eagle looks like a seagull

I may be wrong, I dont collect TR porcelain

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

It sure is a funny looking eagle.....
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I know I wasn't sure about the eagle either. But compared to other Luftwaffe eagles, it's not that bad....is it? I also like the Luftwaffe candle lanterns, but I'll pass on most of them because of the ugly eagles on the bottoms such as these.....

Some look like pigeons, or stick chickens.....just plain uglyLuftwaffe Mess Hall cup?Luftwaffe Mess Hall cup?Luftwaffe Mess Hall cup?