Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Platter with unknown insignia: Any Ideas

Article about: Hi I,m new to this forum so please excuse me if I make any mistakes. I,ve been collecting Second world war equipment now for about four years, mostly anything that I find interesting and tha

Default Luftwaffe Platter with unknown insignia: Any Ideas

Hi
    I,m new to this forum so please excuse me if I make any mistakes. I,ve been collecting Second world war equipment now for about four years, mostly anything that I find interesting and that my small budget can afford. I,d love to get more stuff on the running of the German war machine like maintenance equipment,tools etc.
    For starts here is a large Luftwaffe platter of which I have no idea what the red stamp is on the top. I look forward to your replies and hope that I can contribute to this forum in some way.
    Thanks Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Platter with unknown insignia: Any Ideas   Luftwaffe Platter with unknown insignia: Any Ideas  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Platter with unknown insignia: Any Ideas
    P
    Many

Default re: Luftwaffe Platter with unknown insignia: Any Ideas

Hi
    I'd just like to say welcome to the forum I dont really have any idea about this as it isnt really my area, but good luck in finding out information about it

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny
    Thanks for the welcome and that,s a fine collection of gasmasks you have there . I,ll contact you if I ever come across any.
    Thanks Martin

thanks have you got any further with finding out any information about that odd red stamp?
    Thanks

Danny

Hi Martin, please let me say welcome to the forum.

I wish I could help re the red insignia. My best guess, and it is a guess, would be some kind of marine warfare training school???

Cheers, Ade.

Ade,

Could the red transfer be post war (early Bundy) as a lot of 'stein topf' was recyled after the war, you see it a lot for hotels etc, either de-nazified or not in some cases. I only speculate as it is clearly WL?

Jock

Hi Jock, I was thinking along the lines of an air force sea warfare school, but as I say this is pure speculation on my part But as you say it could just as easily be a post war addition. I hope someone might know for sure.

Cheers, Ade.

Martin,Ade,

I think either way, its just as rare as there is a lot of interest over here right now in early Bundeswehr stuff too. I know a Naval bloke (Reserve Col), I will ask him, see if he can shed any light.

Jock

Hi Folks
    Thanks again for the welcome and for taking an interest in this plate. Any help is welcome help.

Martin