Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe rucksack (1 of 3)

Article about: I was lucky enough to purchase 3 Luftwaffe rucksacks from a collector in Australia. They vary considerably in appearance,metal hardware and condition. This is the first. 1942 dated,steel har

?

Default Luftwaffe rucksack (1 of 3)

I was lucky enough to purchase 3 Luftwaffe rucksacks from a collector in Australia.
    They vary considerably in appearance,metal hardware and condition.
    This is the first.
    1942 dated,steel hardware,interior pocket removed at some point.
    This looks like someone used it a lot but also tried to keep it in good condition.
    It has wonderful darning to repair one hole,and similar repairs to a seam in one area.
    I particularly love the heavy wear to the canvas below the side D-ring which is where a canteen may have been hooked?
    I have found no clear naming or ink stamping on this or the other 2 Luftwaffe rucksacks,although I feel like I may be able to make out some writing on the top flap interior of this one.
    Thanks for looking at this.
    I'm always happy to get your comments,good or bad.
    Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe rucksack (1 of 3)   Luftwaffe rucksack (1 of 3)  

Luftwaffe rucksack (1 of 3)   Luftwaffe rucksack (1 of 3)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe rucksack (1 of 3)
    P
    Many

?

Nice pack. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

I like it and the little repairs. I will guess that the inner pocket was removed post war simply to make it easier to load up. I have a Bergrucksack that was used post war by a student from Brussels. It still had tags on it from travel in the 1960s. These packs saw use after the war no doubt. Photo shows the Sabena tag still attached. NH

?

Thanks Neil,
    Those tags look great,it is the little stuff like that that really gives life to items that are already nice pieces.Heres a photo of my Dad's 1957 dated
    bag which I assume he used (or aquired)during RNZAF service.
    The only luggage label left is from a recent trip so not as interesting as yours!
    Anyway i've been using it since the 1980's and its still my travel bag of choice.
    I know there is a more recent version of this at my mum's place that my kids could probably use and pass on.
    These rucksacks and bags were really made well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe rucksack (1 of 3)