Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe rucksack webbing straps(3 of 3)

Article about: This one seems to have suffered from storage. The left pocket strap has shrunk up and the whole rucksack is stained through neglect rather than use I think. I believe the canvas webbing is r

?

Default Luftwaffe rucksack webbing straps(3 of 3)

This one seems to have suffered from storage.
    The left pocket strap has shrunk up and the whole rucksack is stained through neglect rather than use I think.
    I believe the canvas webbing is rarer than leather, and I wonder if this rucksack should possibly be cleaned ,but I will wait for any advice members may care to provide.
    I particularly love the way this has been reinforced by a different rough canvas/webbing fabric inside the bottom of the rucksack.
    Incidentally this pack contained a lot of dirt and 3 live silverfish insects which deserve their own thread.
    Thanks for looking,hope someone like me with little experience finds this post some day and it helps them.
    Many thanks,
    Kateri
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe rucksack webbing straps(3 of 3)   Luftwaffe rucksack webbing straps(3 of 3)  

Luftwaffe rucksack webbing straps(3 of 3)   Luftwaffe rucksack webbing straps(3 of 3)  

Luftwaffe rucksack webbing straps(3 of 3)   Luftwaffe rucksack webbing straps(3 of 3)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe rucksack webbing straps(3 of 3)
    P
    Many

Generally speaking, we don't advise cleaning items because it may result in disintegration of material and threads. Cleaning agents may also cause the leather to disintegrate as well. Getting rid of the silverfish though should be a priority. NH

?

Silverfish are now running around the backyard.
    Thanks for the advice about cleaning.
    I would not think about doing it myself but this rucksack has been poorly stored and I wondered about a professional cleaning option.
    Thanks once again for your help Neil.
    I appreciate your replies to the posts I have made.
    Kateri.