Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe sports cup from Jersey, Channel Islands

Article about: This is a Luftwaffe sports cup from Jersey, Channel Islands. I am sorry the photo's are not clearer but they were taken some time ago before the small digital camera's of today. On the lid o

Default Luftwaffe sports cup from Jersey, Channel Islands

This is a Luftwaffe sports cup from Jersey, Channel Islands. I am sorry the photo's are not clearer but they were taken some time ago before the small digital camera's of today. On the lid of the cup it is engraved: Wanderpokal Sieger im 3000m Mannschaftslauf 1/Res Flak Abtlg 152. Around the body of the cup are engraved the units that won the cup each year. I bought this cup about 10 to 15 years ago, when I saw it I knew I had to have it for my collection. It was only some time after I had bought the cup that I found the attached copy of an original photo of the presentation of sports awards near to Jersey Airport. On the table you will see the unmistakable shape of my sports cup sitting on a pile of books waiting to be presented..... what better provenance could you ask for. Also of interest is the German aircraft hanger under construction in the background.... there cannot be too many of these left today, but it's still in the same position being used as a car spray shop all these years later.
    Hope you like the pics.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe sports cup from Jersey, Channel Islands   Luftwaffe sports cup from Jersey, Channel Islands  

Luftwaffe sports cup from Jersey, Channel Islands   Luftwaffe sports cup from Jersey, Channel Islands  

Luftwaffe sports cup from Jersey, Channel Islands  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe sports cup from Jersey, Channel Islands
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe sports cup from Jersey, Channel Islands

Hi Jersey 34,
    You write your book already… now and here. Your collection and what you tell about your path to it, fosters enduring memories that will always be treasured. Take care of it, please.
    Regards,
    Gary