Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe WL License Plate - Opinions Please!

Article about: Hello All, I've come across this Luftwaffe license plate that is apparently from Kurland. Can anyone shed some light on the number of this plate and what kind of vehicle it would have been a

?

Thumbs up Luftwaffe WL License Plate - Opinions Please!

Hello All,

I've come across this Luftwaffe license plate that is apparently from Kurland. Can anyone shed some light on the number of this plate and what kind of vehicle it would have been attached to? Rear of messenger motorcycle or front fender on staff car? Searching on this forum I have found a list from the following website (WWIIdaybyday.com) but there doesn't seem to be an entry for the numbers found on the plate Also, there doesn't seem to be any red stamps? The number doesn't seem to be central on the plate either?

I've had a good look on this forum guys, but these things aren't my forte so any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, skip01

Luftwaffe WL License Plate - Opinions Please!Luftwaffe WL License Plate - Opinions Please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe WL License Plate - Opinions Please!
    P
    Many

?

bump

Is this the same one currently listed on eBay? It's being sold by someone who appears to be a member of a Latvian digging group, and looking at his other listings I'd be fairly certain that this one is fine too.
    But I'm not a license plate guy, so better to wait for someone who knows their stuff to pitch in.

B.B.

?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the other stuff for sale does look genuine, but I thought I'd run it past other collector's first (in case there were any glaring red flags I couldn't see!).