Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?

Article about: Sorry, that I made my first post here a bit confusing... - The first 5 photos os the box I wanted to get - has both rope-handles intact, paint looks good - but has NO black lettering on the

?

Default Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?

Hey Guys,

Would you guys say that this is original paint on this ammo box?
    Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?

The same seller has boxes like this - around the same price-range - for exmpl., this one has a black lettering on the bottom, but is missing the "rope" side-handles. Overall, the best shaped box is the one above with both rope side-handles and paint looking almost too good to be true...but no lettering.
    Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Fabe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?
    P
    Many

if i look at the hinges i would say no
    also the fact that the lettering is gone is a bad sign.....

just my opinion
    Tom

?

Thanks Tom, and what would you say to the box, with letters?

Yes top box looks to have new screws used on it and repainted ,bottom box looks ok

?

THX Guys for the thoughts - those hinges looked fishy - with brand new and 2 different sized screw-heads...

Tha paint and the box seem to be originals but someone have just repaced the 2 screws. As such boxes were often in everyday use after WWII there is nothing too special about the later reparements.

?

ok so far, 1 for original paint 2 against

Hi, Your ammo box looks pretty similar to the one in the attched photos and looks good to me. Mine is probably an earlier item judging by the higher manufacture spec but other than that, yours looks fine???
    Cheers Michael R

Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?

?

THX Michael - nice box!
    Only concern I have is the missing stenciled black letters from the box - as Tom said it, "could" make it a repaint - I'm not even worried about the new screws - but I'd prefer original paint - and this one, without the letters is the only one that has both rope handles still intact...
    Late war make it seems...

Hi Fabe, For what it is worth, if it was offered to me, I would accept it as 100% original including paint finish unless there is something that I am missing?? Regarding "black lettering", I am not sure exactly what you are referring to??
    Cheers MR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast