Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Luger Holster

Article about: Gents, can you look at this holster and give any opinions as to originality. I think it is a good one but this is a new field for me so want to be sure. Cheers

Couple of better pics of the rear of the holster, still a inside of flap picture to come
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger Holster   Luger Holster  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luger Holster
    P
    Many

?

Here You are Ben. Heres one of Mine for a good comparison. dta 41 (Jnh. W Bruschmann Sattlerwarren und Kafferfabric Koln). As some of the boys have pointed out.Compare the embossing of the letters and the stitching.Attachment 593327

?

Good rear shot of your 41 holster with nice stitching, proof mark , manufacturer and PO 8 marking. The stitching as per prior posts of Bobs example are certainly suspect, but the markings were fine as was the large stamped PO-8, man.etc. It had the Nazi Eagle proof, but I could not see the numbers and letters very well,but from what I saw indicated a reworked piece at least at the factory. This was not a desirable holster as 41's are not rare and stitching not good and not factory. I looked at one of mine stored this am with a 41 byf Black Widow Luger owned since the early 60's and am sure it was redone by the manufacturer from a WWI holster or sneek era. This one is marked jkh 41 with the eagle/swas followed by WaA 86. Your holster, Bobs and my current 41 I am looking at are early issue German Military holsters( 1908 - 1939) vs the new issued (1939-1945). Easly determined by lateral closure strap, underlying brown pigment etc. The brown pigment under the black, the closure strap to the side and the buckle indicate this early pedigree. The eagle with swas. with the WaA marking makes me think also reworked, This is not something bad. Luger production in 41 took a back seat to P-38 at this time and equipment, accessories were recirculated. Many good early issue, WWI issued were modified to the new pattern . Now the manufacturer's closure strap -new issue (39-45) goes straight up through a loop, then onto a metal stud-No buckle. The eagle placement next to man. initials is not followed by WaA laterally. WaA on the pistols was found on rework pistol by Mauser and Simpson therefore the prob. mean same on holsters. Pistols however was WaA 66.

Ben; i have never seen a bdq.41 with a line under it.
    The stitching looks odd. My thinking is, if in doubt, pass on it.
    The G date has been redone sometime it its life. Look closely at the DWM. This is a light engraving and will wash ( as we call it in the gunsmithing world.) easly if not polished correctly. Good bluing is all in the preperation. Example: right polishing grit, right bluing formula, right polishing line direction for the period. It still looks like a good luger. I would own it still knowing what I know.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Many thanks guys, from that then looks like I am finding another holster, the gun however could be on my "to get" list

Many thanks
    Ben

?

A little belated contribution to this interesting thread, but I just wanted to elaborate on my original post in regards to the stitching and why I remarked on that.
    The stitching on these original WWII holsters looks far more worn and dark in contrast to the bright newer looking stitching on the holster in question.

The holster in post one might be post war stitched or at the very least field repaired (as others have touched upon), as might the P-08 holster in the pic below. Note slightly off-colour stitching running along the side where the mag compartment is situated. Repair would in that case be a field repair.

The P-38 holster is pristine and untouched.

The P-38 holster is a 'Franz u. Karl Voegels Lederwaren Fabrik, Köln'
    The P-08 holster is a 'A. Waldhausen, inh. M. Bruchmann, Sattler und Kofferfabrik, Köln.'

The p-38 holster especially is in very good condition and is very solid after all these years.

In passing, its a funny coincidence, that two holsters for two differnt models of semi-auto handguns from the same town ended up together out of all those makers in different places.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger Holster  

?

Quote by lew07 View Post
    Here You are Ben. Heres one of Mine for a good comparison. dta 41 (Jnh. W Bruschmann Sattlerwarren und Kafferfabric Koln). As some of the boys have pointed out.Compare the embossing of the letters and the stitching
    Nice holster.
    Same maker as mine.
    The maker would be 'A. Waldhausen, inh. M. Bruchmann, Sattler und Kofferfabrik, Köln.'
    Name of the maker is Waldhausen with the (then) 'current' owner being Herr Bruchmann (Inh (not Jnh but Inh) meaning 'owner' = inhaber/inh).
    They at some point made saddles and suitcases/trunks ('Koffer' not kaffer (sorry to be pedantic) = suitcase).

One last pic but not very good
    Attached Images Attached Images Luger Holster 
    Ben

Guys, more holsters with bdq mark with line underneath, I was talking to a chap the other day and he was telling me the the line under is fine, just a variation so did a search and found images.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger Holster   Luger Holster  

Luger Holster  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luger Holster  Luger Holster  Luger Holster 
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3