Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luger Holster help please

Article about: Hello, I have this holster. I paid just a few pounds for it in damaged condition, as the buckle was missing and much of the stitching around the outside of the holster disintigrated. I have

Default Luger Holster help please

Hello, I have this holster. I paid just a few pounds for it in damaged condition, as the buckle was missing and much of the stitching around the outside of the holster disintigrated. I have stitched the two halves back together and replaced the buckle.

The holster is unmarked. My question is, is there anyway of determining the age or nationality of this holster? As other nations used Lugers, might it not be German? Are German examples sometimes unmarked? Also why might the back have been slashed and then stitched up again, as the holster already has belt loops? Any help will be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger Holster help please   Luger Holster help please  

Luger Holster help please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luger Holster help please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luger Holster help please

German WWI? I have one that is the same color (brown) with maker name and 1918 on it. same style.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Default Re: Luger Holster help please

Ok, thanks for that.