Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M07/13 Tornister with a bit of history

Article about: Found this M07/13 tornister in a antique shop - 4 leather loops on front, pocket on inside of flap,square wooden frame, one of the covering flaps has a repair. I bought it, on the strength o

?

Default M07/13 Tornister with a bit of history

Found this M07/13 tornister in a antique shop - 4 leather loops on front, pocket on inside of flap,square wooden frame, one of the covering flaps has a repair. I bought it, on the strength of the ink stamps - AD Gau XXiX - which I take to be Arbeitsdienst Gau Bayern-Ostmark based in Regensburg. Apparently the Arbeitsdeinst was a short lived organisation, its forerunner FAD (Freiwilliger Abeitsdeinst) underwent a name change after Hitler came to power in 1933 to Arbeitsdienst, in 1934 it changed its name to N.S.A.D. then once again in June 1935 the name changed to Reich Arbeit Dienst (R.A.D.) There's also a date stamp 9 37 RADBAF. - probably when it was officially took into possession by R.A.D. One question I do have, what does RADBAF stand for ? RAD obvious but BAF ? any information welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M07/13 Tornister with a bit of history   M07/13 Tornister with a bit of history  

M07/13 Tornister with a bit of history   M07/13 Tornister with a bit of history  

M07/13 Tornister with a bit of history  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M07/13 Tornister with a bit of history
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M07/13 Tornister with a bit of history

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M07/13 Tornister with a bit of history   M07/13 Tornister with a bit of history  

Hello,
    IMO, BA stands for Bekleidungs Amt, and F may be the town ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hello JPhilip,
    Thanks for the post Bekleidungs Amt seems to fit the bill.
    Cheers