Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M30 Gas Mask

Article about: Just received this, what I believe to be a German M30 Gas Mask, 3rd Type. Thought I’d share and get any comments/info anyone had to offer. It’s the first German gas mask I’ve picked up for m

Default M30 Gas Mask

Just received this, what I believe to be a German M30 Gas Mask, 3rd Type. Thought I’d share and get any comments/info anyone had to offer. It’s the first German gas mask I’ve picked up for my son’s collection, throwing it in with a big box of stuff I’ve been gathering up for his coming birthday. I know the mask is rough, but I picked it up for next to nothing and I know he’ll like it.

I am assuming the white numbers on the snout are an issue #?

Can anyone tell me exactly when they started and quit using this particular model gas mask? I haven’t been able to find that much detailed information on these.

M30 Gas Mask

M30 Gas Mask

M30 Gas Mask

M30 Gas Mask

M30 Gas Mask

M30 Gas Mask

Now I have to go in search of the carrying canister and filter.

Thanks, Russ & Son

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M30 Gas Mask
    P
    Many

Default Re: M30 Gas Mask

Hello,
    Yes that's a M30 Gasmask.
    The painted number on the snout means that this Gasmask was the 210th issued within the unit it belonged to.
    Finding a canister and filter shouldn't be too hard...good luck...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks for the confirmation on the M30 and the additional info regarding the snout numbering. Now it's off to find correct filters and can, should be easly enough to do. In my digging I did learn that the M30 was used throughout WWII but I curious as to when they were first issued and when they ceased, I can't seem to find those details any place.

Russ

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation on the M30 and the additional info regarding the snout numbering. Now it's off to find correct filters and can, should be easly enough to do. In my digging I did learn that the M30 was used throughout WWII but I curious as to when they were first issued and when they ceased, I can't seem to find those details any place.

Russ
    Hello Russ,
    The M30 Gasmask was issued in the Reichswehr around 1931/32. I have the weakness to believe that it was used in conjonction with the M38 and some Beute Gasmasken until the end of the war. Gas warfare is a tough matter ruled by hundreds and hundreds of official texts, i didn't find all of them yet....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)