Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M31 canteen with black blue cover ?

Article about: I was in a little antique store last week gentlemen and I came across an M31 canteen which is nicely stamped with the maker mark and date the canteen looked to be all original as well as the

?

Default M31 canteen with black blue cover ?

I was in a little antique store last week gentlemen and I came across an M31 canteen which is nicely stamped with the maker mark and date the canteen looked to be all original as well as the canteen cup. So now here is what struck me as a little odd the cover looks to be a nice original cover the snaps look good they have the right pattern on them but the cover is very dark blue in color almost black and the canteen strap would appear to be one from a Afrika Corps canteen .The heading on the sale slip says Hitler Youth canteen my queston is was there M31s issued like this to the Hitler Youth or is the seller mistaken sorry no photos I will be heading there today with my camera.

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 canteen with black blue cover ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M31 canteen with black blue cover ?

If it has drinking cup attached on top of it with strap, it might be for army, although the black cover is most likely for HJ. It's really hard to tell without seeing photos.

?

Default Re: M31 canteen with black blue cover ?

The drinking cup is green in color and attached to the top with a combination leather web strap that I have only seen used on DAK canteens I will post some photos later today.

Regards Mark K