MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M31 'Coco' Canteen

Article about: The DRPa is another version of the DRP ang mark but means the same thing.

Default M31 'Coco' Canteen

I am so excited to have grabbed this one. Picked it up at a very reasonable price, a nice M31 Field bottle or Coco canteen. I didnt come with the cup or straps but was happy with its condition. Nicely marked D.R.G.M HRE 42.

Now its off to look for some straps! If anyone has any feel free to send me a message!

Cheers
    Jason
    M31 'Coco' CanteenM31 'Coco' CanteenM31 'Coco' Canteen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 'Coco' Canteen
    P
    Many

Default Re: M31 'Coco' Canteen

Nice coco Jason! The only trouble with parts canteens is that after you have found the missing straps and cup and work out how much you have spent all up - then realise that they don't "exactly" fit together like they have always been there, you wish you had paid the big dollars being asked for a complete unit. .......I know, I have tried matching up bits lots of times ( covers are the worst, they NEVER fit another canteen properly )

I would still search out a complete unit - they are out there just pricey!
    Dan

Yeah you are right Dan, but I just couldn't say no to the little fella, looking all lonely on fleabay saying buy me, buy me........

I actually did well with my standard canteen I have, was just a bottle I got in a group, jagged a cover for real cheap ( I mean real cheap) and that week some straps came up as well which I again got cheap so I will live in hope that one day they will appear. I can tell you this wont be the only one I get though.

Jason

Well done Jase, I know you were pretty excited about getting this one mate, more toys for the collection!

Thanks Dave, yeah more toys but never enough room!

Jason

Well, I'm a hypocrite - it's official. First I lightly scold Volksjager for buying a coco canteen with no straps ( because of the difficulty in finding them ) and now looks like I am just as guilty!!!!!

Sorry, Jason but you are right, they ARE addictive! ( mine's a H.R.E. 41 )

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 'Coco' Canteen   M31 'Coco' Canteen  

M31 'Coco' Canteen  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Here is my example, though it is nearly complete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 'Coco' Canteen  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice one Jerry. Ritter made the "coco" before, during and after the war.
    I have read / seen the following explanation -
    Pre-war it was marked as Ritter aluminium D.R.G.M
    During the war it was D.R.G.M HRE D.R.P angm.
    After the war it was marked Ritter aluminium

Not sure when the Ritter Alfurit DRPa fits in?
    Dan

It has been said that was the case, but I and many other collectors wonder why when so many would have been still available and who were they made for? If anything, it is more likely that this type are early examples and would have been made prior to the introduction of the HRE mark, though this is speculation and I don't think anyone knows for certain. The DRPa mark was used during the TR period and was in theory dropped when the war ended, as the Deutches Reich no longer existed and it seems strange that if they retooled for post war production why they would make a new mould with the TR period mark on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    It has been said that was the case, but I and many other collectors wonder why when so many would have been still available and who were they made for? If anything, it is more likely that this type are early examples and would have been made prior to the introduction of the HRE mark, though this is speculation and I don't think anyone knows for certain. The DRPa mark was used during the TR period and was in theory dropped when the war ended, as the Deutches Reich no longer existed and it seems strange that if they retooled for post war production why they would make a new mould with the TR period mark on it.
    Sorry, I was editing my post as you typed - so, thanks for the clarification!
    Cheers, Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast