Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

The M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants

Article about: By the Way i Have theese one, i only buy strange things (eheheheheheh) It has this one marked EWH 446. What do you think? Anyone has manufacturers references to this M31 Kits and Feldflasche

also straps to carry the mess kit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants
    P
    Many

I actually agree! Why not canteen cups as well?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Seeing as how the thread for messkits is doing well-what about an idea of expanding it to include Messkit Utensils? There are many many different makers and variations of utensils- such an inclusion could be quite helpful!
    I have some spoon / forks ( sporks ) ..... some have damage and some are in good condition. There are several makers to be found of these.

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants   The M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Here are both of my Spoon/Fork combo's.

Both are 1938 dated.

One is (CH. 38) With Waffenamt

and the other is (GK & FA 38) I believe it is GK & FA. that is the best I could make out of it.

Along with my newest M31 I purchased Miss matched Mess Kit with (Initials?) Carved onto it.

Top is marked: L&SL 40

Bottom is marked: AWF 40

The M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants

The M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants

Here is my German 4 piece set. (I don't know as much about these as the sporks) But I believe it to be real.

It is a little damaged and beat up but in good shape still! I like it.

Only markings it has is the eagle and Swastika on the front can opener. and three digits on the fork and spoon. (681)

The M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants

this is from my dad's wartime souvenirs so i'm pretty sure it's authentic...

the knife blade is marked:

F. R. Burberg & Co. A-G.
    Mettmann - Solingen
    Rostfrei (rust free)

"FBCM 41" = F Burberg Co., Mettmann; 1941

according to "World Knives, Ltd."...

"There is no city in the world that has enjoyed the reputation of manufacturing the finest cutlery for so many generations than Solingen, Germany."

i remember using this set when i was a Boy Scout.
    the "rostfrei" claim is a little exaggerated.
    there is a bit inside the opener.

cheers...gary
    Last edited by overlandflyer; 05-22-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Stainless steel DOES corrode! !
    Because of its chromium content what forms is not ferrous oxide (red rust ) but invisible chromium oxide.
    Poor quality "stainless" with low percentages of chromium WILL show red rust however in this case it is probably transfered from something else.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Here's a recent pick-up for 25 EU (I'm not sure what's the current market value of these) - and also my second mess kit - with "MN 42" marking & brownish-olive or tropen(?) paint:

The M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime VariantsThe M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants

...here is my other one, this one has "WBW 42" marking (if I'm correct) with green-olive paint:

Cheers,
    Fabe

Figured to show the East German examples for comparison

Mid to late war unmarked one with private purchase eating set. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants   The M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants  

The M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants   The M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants  

The M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants   The M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants  

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast