Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M31 Zeltbahn

Article about: So, these are the only two photographs I have of this Zeltbahn dated 1939, i am 90% sure it is authentic. Any key features to look for in reproduction camo for the "Splinter" patte

Default M31 Zeltbahn

So, these are the only two photographs I have of this Zeltbahn dated 1939, i am 90% sure it is authentic. Any key features to look for in reproduction camo for the "Splinter" pattern? I would love to educate myself on how to spot a fake from a real.

Thanks!

M31 ZeltbahnM31 Zeltbahn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 Zeltbahn
    P
    Many

?

this one looks to be okay to me too. Im no expert on these, as I only have one....but yours seems to have all the right signs of a period German Zelt and some age wear. Check out this site.....it gives some measurments and variations of what period ones should look like. Maybe worth a look.

From site:

" The dimensions of the M31 triangular shelter quarter are 250 x 200 x 200 cm.
    Each side had a row of 11 aluminium, zink or steel buttons which are used to connect two shelter
    quarters to eachother.
    "

MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment -* Zeltbahn

Cheers, bud!

Lightbulb

This one looks OK to me. There is a photo of one with a very similar marking on p.45 of 'Armes & Militaria' magazine #257, which states that this mark is typical of the immediate pre-war period.

Check the grommets ( eyelets )
    The repros just don't have the same patina as originals.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

If i remember correctly the grommets were made in Aluminum or Zink(I'm not sure what this metal is called in English) only. The Zelt looks OK from the pics provided

Cheers!

A good example. NH

Yep, no problems, definitely a good one....

Aluminium hardware checks out

Will try to check out the maker mark for you, do you have more pics of the Zelt ?

Tom

Quote by Bill T View Post
    this one looks to be okay to me too. Im no expert on these, as I only have one....but yours seems to have all the right signs of a period German Zelt and some age wear. Check out this site.....it gives some measurments and variations of what period ones should look like. Maybe worth a look.

From site:

" The dimensions of the M31 triangular shelter quarter are 250 x 200 x 200 cm.
    Each side had a row of 11 aluminium, zink or steel buttons which are used to connect two shelter
    quarters to eachother.
    "

MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment -* Zeltbahn
    Just to be complete, this link refers to an old version of my site.... here the new link for Zelt

MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Zeltbahn 31

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast