Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M31 Zeltbahn

Article about: Hello folks. This one looks alright to me, but is coming from eBay, thus my caution. To my eyes, it looks like a decent M31 zelt with various period field repairs and some honest damage accr

Default M31 Zeltbahn

Hello folks.

This one looks alright to me, but is coming from eBay, thus my caution. To my eyes, it looks like a decent M31 zelt with various period field repairs and some honest damage accrued through use. It also seems to have all of the correct fittings. This will be my first shelter-half. Does anyone see any red flags, or am I good to pull the trigger?

M31 ZeltbahnM31 ZeltbahnM31 ZeltbahnM31 Zeltbahn

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 Zeltbahn
    P
    Many

Hello, no red flag, but you can find a beller one or a new one, easily....
    Cheers,
    Michel
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello, no red flag, but you can find a beller one or a new one, easily....
    Cheers,
    Michel
    It's just going to end up hung on a wall, so condition isn't too high on my list of priorities. It's also priced rather generously, especially in comparison to dealer prices. If it's an original, that's good enough for me.

I appreciate the help!

Regards, B.B.

It has since arrived, and is now properly rolled up on a shelf. It is rather faded, and is missing a grommet, but the even fading and field repairs suggest this was from honest use rather than contemporary neglect. The fading isn't as severe as it appears in the photographs.

M31 ZeltbahnM31 Zeltbahn

A careful inspection has revealed an RBN stamp on one corner, which I believe would date this zelt to 1943 or later.

M31 Zeltbahn

Regards, B.B.

?

Looks pretty cool with a clear stamp at the very least. Wouldn’t mind getting one at some point, maybe even one of the Italian camo ones.

I like the wear and tear on that one brodie!
    Shows a lot of wear the way some of us like it.
    And for a wall hanger it would look great.. or put a uniform in front of it.. looks great.. at least i think

Nice with the nr on it aswell
    Good addition to your collection.

Best regards
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Looks pretty cool with a clear stamp at the very least. Wouldn’t mind getting one at some point, maybe even one of the Italian camo ones.
    They're pretty affordable as far as militaria goes, and are of quite an impressive size when they're fully unfolded. The SS oakleaf zelts are nice as well, but much more expensive than these. Not sure what an Italian camouflage example would cost, or how difficult it would be to locate one.

I could hang it on the wall behind my display cabinet, but I'd have to find a way of mounting it that doesn't involve the grommets, as one of the two that are still in place is only attached by a few strands of cloth. I also like the worn look of it. It gives it more of a 'battlefield look'.

B.B.

?

Well i can’t go checking online for them at the moment. I’m in a chemistry lesson

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Well i can’t go checking online for them at the moment. I’m in a chemistry lesson
    Concentrate on what you're supposed to be doing!

B.B.