Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)

Article about: Thanks for the picture, I have one of this type of ammo box and have been having trouble finding a photo of it in use. The jigsaw is complete and now I know my very used ammo box was a type

Default Re: M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)

Hi
    I found this link on the Zeltbahn with some interesting pictures. I am not sure about copyright but please remove if you have to.
    http://moebius.freehostia.com/zeltbahn.htm

Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)
    P
    Many

?

Zeltbahn.net - Floats and stretchers

There's some pictures on this site, but it's mostly dedicated to all the various uses of the Zeltbahn, such as a stretcher and a floatation device, and it also shows how to construct the various tent forms. Thought you guys might like it...

Matthew

i wonder why not WSS ,i have a few photos ,with SS soldiers but with heer zelts in use,but if you dont like it ,too bad.

?

Quote by besslein View Post
    i wonder why not WSS ,i have a few photos ,with SS soldiers but with heer zelts in use,but if you dont like it ,too bad.
    I agree. It's exactly the same thing, but with, in my opinion, better looking camo pattern. The Italian camo Zeltbahn is great too.

Matthew

Hello,
    Thanks for the links posted. Drawings that can be seen on both Internet sites posted are taken from the official text of adoption of the M31 Zeltbahn : HDV 1932 n° 205/1 of April the 20th, 1932.

Besslein : if your photos show splinter pattern Zeltbahnen, then no problem.
    Matthew : Italian camo Zeltbahnen were worn by troops of the Wehrmacht, Polizei and WSS. As i didn't find a copyright free period photo yet, i didn't post any....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

good thread and crcking photos there

More photos :

Infantry column in Southern Russia, July 1941
    Zeltbahn carried as part of the Sturmgepack 38
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Kosaken with tent made of Zeltbahnen...and branches...
    nice photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)  

In Memoriam :

Grossdeutschland photo showing first type camo smock, camo parkas and one soldier wearing his Zeltbahn as a poncho (on the right carrying the MG ammo box)...

In Memoriam :

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello
    Thanks Ian...at least one member interested in period pics and who takes the time to post a comment.....................................................
    Thanks
    No probs J-P.

Ive always been fascinated by these sort of photos, the ones that show the way kit was worn/carried in reality as opposed to the ones that show "this is how it will be worn!"
    Keep posting them mate, theres at least one of us on here following the thread.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast