MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M34 Tornister

Article about: Here's a standard M34 Tornister. From what I can tell, not much to make it stand out from the millions of others out there but no collection is complete with out 1 or 2 of these. Overall goo

MAP
    ?

Default M34 Tornister

Here's a standard M34 Tornister. From what I can tell, not much to make it stand out from the millions of others out there but no collection is complete with out 1 or 2 of these.

Overall good condition except that it has lost some of the fur and there is one hook missing on the bottom that attaches the strap to the pack.

I have two fairly simple questions.

1) This pack is dated 1934 (so I would assume the first year of the M34's) but don't know much about this maker: Genschow Co. A.G. Koln.
    2) The straps are marked but hard to read being a bit worn. Based on the oxidation of the metal retaining pins inside the pack they have not been replaced.
    a) They however appear to be dated 1915? Could that be correct?
    b) I also can't read the full name of the maker. Partial reading is:

DeutscheXXXXXXXXXX,
    GmbH 8.17.

*Note that date of 1915 in the picture of the strap looks like 4915 but under a loupe it is a "1" (from what I can see).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

M34 TornisterM34 TornisterM34 TornisterM34 TornisterM34 TornisterM34 TornisterM34 TornisterM34 Tornister
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 Tornister
    P
    Many

good cond.

Hello,
    It is not a M34 Tornister. It is a 1934 produced Tornister patterned after the WWI type.
    the M34 Tornister does not have 4 leather loops sewn on the front flap.
    Carrying straps are a replacement, IMO most probably postwar, but who knows...thanks for showing...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    It is not a M34 Tornister. It is a 1934 produced Tornister patterned after the WWI type.
    the M34 Tornister does not have 4 leather loops sewn on the front flap.
    Carrying straps are a replacement, IMO most probably postwar, but who knows...thanks for showing...
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Quick follow-up /clarification.
    1) I assume you mean the pack is post WW1, not the straps (as they appear to be dated 1915? Correct?
    2) Not being an M34, would this be a civilian pack?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Quick follow-up /clarification.
    1) I assume you mean the pack is post WW1, not the straps (as they appear to be dated 1915? Correct?
    2) Not being an M34, would this be a civilian pack?l

Hello Michael,

What i meant is : IMO the former 1934 dated carrying straps were replaced by the ones shown here after WWII...
    The pack is for sure post WWI as it is 1934 dated. The type of pack you're showing is the 07/13 Tornister, used by the Imperial army during WWI, used by the Reichswehr until 1934, then the german army changed its Tornister for the new M34 type, and the older 07/13 type was then used by paramilitary and political organisations. Considering its production date, it's tough to say if your Tornister has started or not its career in the german army (and the lack of unit markings does not help here to determine it...)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated. Now I know what it is.

Regards,

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 04-27-2014 at 01:25 AM. Reason: typo

Here's my 38 dated variant

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Here's my 38 dated variant
    Thanks Rene. Looks similar. Assume yours is a 07/13 type as well?

Regards,

Michael

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Rene. Looks similar. Assume yours is a 07/13 type as well?

Regards,

Michael
    Yep 07/13

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Yep 07/13
    Thanks Rene!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast