Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Magnifying glass/loupe carl zeiss eagle and swastika

Article about: Hello, what do you think about this magnifying glass? Is it rare? Aprox. value? Thank you!

DoctorErnest
    ?

Default Magnifying glass/loupe carl zeiss eagle and swastika

Hello, what do you think about this magnifying glass from 1.944?
    Is it rare?
    Aprox. value?
    Thank you!

Magnifying glass/loupe carl zeiss eagle and swastikaMagnifying glass/loupe carl zeiss eagle and swastika

2. # ADS

?

A lot of these type of pieces are valued at what the buyer is willing to pay. Also it will need to be proven authentic as there are a lot of fantasy pieces out there. People in the know will probably want better pics of the eagle. I have no clue as to a approximate value but would love that piece for my collection lol I work with a lot of Carl Zeiss lenses and the affiliation in the collection is always cool. A big reason why I like buying daggers by makers that still exist today. Beautiful piece, hope you get an answer soon as too authenticity. Thanks for posting And BTW welcome to the forum!

Hello, welcome on the forum, i'm not sure it is from TR....Big Ned !!!!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Leave me out of this one......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The eagle is the common fake type seen applied to brass items. I could not say if the lens is real or not or when it was made if it is real.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The Zeiss Logo is incorrect as well, and an SA Eagle in 1944?...Also, brass was a scarce wartime material/resource...but I'm sure someone will buy it, after all it has a Swastika on it, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

And..... carl zeiss jena ???? No Way

Either it is CARL ZEISS JENA, or Carl Zeiss Jena.

Fantasy Product for sure

Tom

DoctorErnest
    ?

More pictures, this loupe, among lot of other things (like pictures attached) used to belong to a German family who came here (Argentina) after ww2 and brought all these stuff, so impossible this glass to be a modern fantasy.
    Regards.

Magnifying glass/loupe carl zeiss eagle and swastikaMagnifying glass/loupe carl zeiss eagle and swastikaMagnifying glass/loupe carl zeiss eagle and swastikaMagnifying glass/loupe carl zeiss eagle and swastika
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Magnifying glass/loupe carl zeiss eagle and swastika  

Are you, by any chance the former member known as 'Jorge'???

Magnifying glass/loupe carl zeiss eagle and swastika
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

We have been getting a lot of boomerang members recently, they get banned and then come back rebranded as someone else.

the above aside, the item that started this thread looks iffy to me and regardless of the story that comes with it, I would not touch it with Ned's ten foot barge pole, never mine.

The member who started this thread has been suspended whilst investigations are conducted into the probability that he is a returning banned member and also because of his inappropriate user name.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast