Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Map Case with Flak Maps! opinions needed

Article about: Hi All, I picked up this map case, it was being sold as a Luftwaffe Map Case with contents, seller claims the pencils and the maps inside are original, maps belong to a flak unit, these are

Default Map Case with Flak Maps! opinions needed

Hi All,
    I picked up this map case, it was being sold as a Luftwaffe Map Case with contents, seller claims the pencils and the maps inside are original, maps belong to a flak unit, these are the only photo's I have at the moment, not an expert on these but I took a chance since everything looks right to my eyes, what do you guys think?? Thanks for any help!
    Map Case with Flak Maps! opinions neededMap Case with Flak Maps! opinions neededMap Case with Flak Maps! opinions neededMap Case with Flak Maps! opinions needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Map Case with Flak Maps! opinions needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: Map Case with Flak Maps! opinions needed

Looks OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade!!!!
    I know a marching compass would go inside the square flap right? but what would go inside the rectangular flap on the other side?

Good score, friend! I remember finding a pre-war mapcase in a woodshed in Germany as a 12 year old kid (just hanging on a nail)...It was filled with photographic negatives...The pouch contained pencils, eraser, ruler, and a pocketknife....I really like the Muenster Flak Unit Markings on the Map!
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 07-17-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Does anyone have a full mapcase with all the proper items included that they could show me?

Exclamation UPDATE Re: Map Case with Flak Maps! opinions needed

Update:
    Hi Again all, Got my first mapcase today and it is a really nice one in person, I found LBA markings on the inside along with a faint maker and date, not sure of the maker all I can see is berg at the end and the date looks to be 1939, one of the pencils is in french I believe, and two maps were inside along with a map holder and an eraser, here are some more photo's, this one looks feels and smells like it was just taken off a Luftwaffe Flak man during surrender, or he was killed, we will never know, either way its a nice time capsule item to add to my collection
    Map Case with Flak Maps! opinions neededMap Case with Flak Maps! opinions neededMap Case with Flak Maps! opinions neededMap Case with Flak Maps! opinions neededMap Case with Flak Maps! opinions neededMap Case with Flak Maps! opinions neededMap Case with Flak Maps! opinions needed

?

Very nice one !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Last week on a French forum, we discovered on detail, perhaps you know it : Map cases from LW have the small pocket at left, not the heer. Wee saw this on map cases with LW or Heer markings inside. Like your LBA.

This is my first one and the price was pretty low so having the maps was a really nice bonus.

?

Thats one heck of a good looking map case.
    One sees this in period pics and its pretty striking IMO.
    Did many survive, I wonder?
    Most likely many were discarded and might not have been as sought after in '45 as were other items.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast