Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Meldekartentasche, (Dispatch case)

Article about: In preparation for an Artillery Officer impression, I recently decided to add this to my collection. It is in very good condition with all of the stitching intact. It is a later model having

Default Meldekartentasche, (Dispatch case)

In preparation for an Artillery Officer impression, I recently decided to add this to my collection. It is in very good condition with all of the stitching intact. It is a later model having an RB number. It also came with a map case marked, J.H. Kofler Jr. Bad Homburg K.G. 1940
    Ralph.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	233.6 KB 
ID:	895969

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	895968

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	895975

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	895974

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	895976

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	227.1 KB 
ID:	895977

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	895978
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Very nice condition. Now to find a period map to go in that case.
    So I take it those are slots for pens/pencils. What goes in the rectangular section on the right? Drafting compass??

Semper Fi
    Phil

Very nice example.

I have no info on the makers RB number, but they were out of Bavaria, that much I can say.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    So I take it those are slots for pens/pencils. What goes in the rectangular section on the right? Drafting compass??

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil!
    Actually, it's for a slide rule. I have a period map of "Russland" but unfortunately it is folded too large to fit the case.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very nice example.

I have no info on the makers RB number, but they were out of Bavaria, that much I can say.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade!
    Ralph.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    So I take it those are slots for pens/pencils. What goes in the rectangular section on the right? l
    You are correct re pencils Phil. The rectangular section is usually seen containing a rubber (eraser to you guys in the US)

A very nice case. I have one almost identical but a chestnut brown colour. I'll dig tit out and post a pic.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice cond.
    Thanks Harry!
    Ralph.

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    You are correct re pencils Phil. The rectangular section is usually seen containing a rubber (eraser to you guys in the US)

A very nice case. I have one almost identical but a chestnut brown colour. I'll dig tit out and post a pic.

Regards

Mark
    Thanks Mark!
    If you have a look in the "Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army" book, they were designed for a slide rule.
    Yours will likely look similar to this other one in my collection, picked up with a Luft. Flak display in mind.
    Ralph.

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	231.1 KB 
ID:	896408

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	896409

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	896410

And both of them together.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	224.7 KB 
ID:	896411

Default .

[QUOTE=rbminis;1520763]Thanks Mark!
    If you have a look in the "Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army" book, they were designed for a slide rule.
    Yours will likely look similar to this other one in my collection, picked up with a Luft. Flak display in mind.
    Ralph.

Thanks Ralph, I figured Luftwaffe for my brown item. Didn't know about the slide rule though I always thought the pocket a bit big for the often seen rubber (eraser). Have you a pic of the slide rule by any chance?
    Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Thanks Ralph, I figured Luftwaffe for my brown item. Didn't know about the slide rule though I always thought the pocket a bit big for the often seen rubber (eraser). Have you a pic of the slide rule by any chance?
    Regards

Mark
    I don't currently Mark, but I will see what I can find. If I have to, I'll scan the page in the book.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast