Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Mess Kit

Article about: Hi Forum Again I have bought wrong mess kit, I am sure this one is new, perhaps a Bundes Wehr. ? This is the second time I have bought a wrong mess kit, I will never get of a real one from W

Default Mess Kit

Hi Forum
    Again I have bought wrong mess kit, I am sure this one is new, perhaps a Bundes Wehr. ?
    This is the second time I have bought a wrong mess kit, I will never get of a real one from WWII

I have found a similar one here:
    BW Kochgeschirr, neu - www.zib-militaria.de
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mess Kit   Mess Kit  

Mess Kit   Mess Kit  

Mess Kit   Mess Kit  

Mess Kit   Mess Kit  

Mess Kit  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mess Kit
    P
    Many

Hehe yes I think a Bundeswehr Fressnapf. Wehrmacht mess-kits are not very rare, I sold one months ago. And I want to remember the favorite sentence of Richie: Ask BEFORE buying.

CBH
    ?

Yes post war West German 1962 body and a 1968 top , they look almost identical to WW II examples .

MAP
    ?

Not disparaging anyone, but its dated (as Chris notes). Pretty clear cut that this is post war. Not even a repro trying to be real.

This book will pay for itself on the first purchase (and written by a member here to boot!)

German Combat Equipment: 1939 - 1945 (Militaria Guides): Jean-Philippe Borg: 9782352503040: Amazon.com: Books
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes you are right, I asked the seller, he said it was a WII type (there is a lot of crooks out there) because I coulndĀ“t see it well on the pictures, I am just unlucky I cannot get hold of a real one :-), but I will keep trying, and just sell all the other ones until I get the right one, as long as I dont loose to much money :-)
    Regards
    John

CBH
    ?

The secret is Type , it will make a good filler until you find a real one .

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    One I have used often! But don't forget your book too!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)