Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mess Kit - Unknown type

Article about: Hey guys, Need a bit of help here. Picked this up today and not sure what it is. I've had a long standing hole in my collection for an M31. While I used to see them all the time at the local

MAP
    ?

Thanks Tim! great info. I've never run across one before, but never really looked either.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mess Kit - Unknown type
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It is a M10 pattern most probably produced between 1933/34 and 1940 for a political or paramilitary organisation.
    Some can be seen on german soldiers during WWII. A lot of men from the RAD kept some of their Equipment when they joined the army...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    It is a M10 pattern most probably produced between 1933/34 and 1940 for a political or paramilitary organisation.
    Some can be seen on german soldiers during WWII. A lot of men from the RAD kept some of their Equipment when they joined the army...
    Thanks
    As a learning process for me, why would you expect this manufacturing date range? The black paint? Or maybe the lack maker marks?

Thanks for the feedback!

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    As a learning process for me, why would you expect this manufacturing date range? The black paint? Or maybe the lack maker marks?

Hello,
    Nope....it's the use of aluminium for the body/lid and steel for the handle. It often indicates this timeframe of manufacture, but i could be wrong of course. This messkit has been produced in several variants for so long...more than fourty years...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Excellent info. Thanks! I think the handle is steel. Will need to check when I get home in a few days.

Here is mine Michael it is of a similar one it is aluminum steel handles not marked and dated this one has the spork holder tab inside the kit. As JP says 1930's pre war used by political and military I had a friend that had a similar one rzm and SS marked. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mess Kit - Unknown type   Mess Kit - Unknown type  

Mess Kit - Unknown type  

MAP
    ?

Nice one there Tim. Thanks for showing.

This is the way I like them. Used but not abused. Wish mine had the spork holder as well.

Overall very similar to mine with a few slight differences.

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2