Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Mess Tin ~ ex-Alain Roudieux Collection

Article about: Acquired this rather squashed mess tin recently. I must admit that I was attracted more to the fact that it was originally found by the late, great Alain Roudieux than the tin itself. For th

Default Mess Tin ~ ex-Alain Roudieux Collection

Acquired this rather squashed mess tin recently. I must admit that I was attracted more to the fact that it was originally found by the late, great Alain Roudieux than the tin itself.

For those that don't know, Alain Roudieux as a boy lived in the Falaise pocket and observed materiel being buried during the clean-up. He later returned and dug up as much as he could over the following years. He was also able to identify the locations of all of the dumps and had an intimate knowledge of the battle area. His collection grew and was eventually sold at auction following his death.

He was also instumental in the rescue of the Vimoutiers Tiger.

RIP Alain. One of the first Relic Hunters.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mess Tin ~ ex-Alain Roudieux Collection   Mess Tin ~ ex-Alain Roudieux Collection  

Mess Tin ~ ex-Alain Roudieux Collection   Mess Tin ~ ex-Alain Roudieux Collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mess Tin ~ ex-Alain Roudieux Collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mess Tin ~ ex-Alain Roudieux Collection

Indeed an iconic piece.....from the late great Alain Roudieux ! I remember as teen (in the early 70's !) reading the "After the battle" magazine article about him.......Thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.

I've got that 'After The Battle' too. The stuff he was finding was absolutely amazing. I bought the mess tin off fleabay and didn't know about the original auction.

Cheers
    Martin

Nice piece Martin,
    I also saw it ( as well as the other pieces the seller had ) and glad to see it has gone to a good home.
    Cheers from Australia!
    Dan

Fine, the correct name is Alain ROUDEIX, "the man with the cap"in Afte the Battle. I saw him many times in the 70's, but he was in Vimoutiers.
    He was often in the Falase area to find heavy material. He was a fan of stock car. And on his car, the font part was made with panzer material.