Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Mess tin repos-real?

Article about: Hi. I have a chance to get a mess tin made for the filming of the band of brothers its a repo of a ww2 german mess tin and looks exactley the same. Then we have original post war german mess

Default Mess tin repos-real?

Hi.

I have a chance to get a mess tin made for the filming of the band of brothers its a repo of a ww2 german mess tin and looks exactley the same.

Then we have original post war german mess tins for a little more money i need some good mess tins to go away camping with the cadets with but also have a little bit of history even if it means its a repo i do have a current mess tin from 1945 but has big dents were i am guessing someone from the war looks to have been hamering nails into something with it lol and at camp everyone thinks what the hell

Thanks i really need help on this.

VAMPY

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mess tin repos-real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mess tin repos-real?

Hi.

Hahahaha i have just realised i am not asking a question lol.
    What i should be saying is what do you think i should get and are the german style mess tins any good is there any external mounting points on them for say clipping on my belt or combat webbing thanks.

VAMPY

Having used several types of mess tins over the years, I would actually recommend the good old British design.

The German or early Russian style mess tins are OK for cooking hot drinks or soups/stews etc. But no good for frying. I find the Brit tin more versatile. You can also use it to wash in more easily.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi.

Yes the brit tins are good at camp we used to wash them fill them up with water use our cadet/army style boil in the bag rations cook them pour some of the water into a cup for out cups of tea then get a wash with it.

(The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think i'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken)

It was also useful if someone was snoring when you were trying to go to sleep they have a nice hard bottom on them you can wack people over the head with

VAMPY

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Having used several types of mess tins over the years, I would actually recommend the good old British design.

Cheers, Ade.
    I am so happy to hear someone saying they have used their mess tins. I have to admit that I use my U.S. 1943 canteen all the time, and I use the 1945 canteen cup every morning for my coffee, I have a small coffee pot that makes two cups and it fit's perfectly in the canteen cup. For some reason I like my coffee better that way.

Mike

Hi.

Yeah i used my mess tins all the time no point in having one and not using it is there i am shure this one has seen battle

VAMPY

Hi.

Next time i go to camp i will try and get you some pics of my mess tin in use by use i mean cooking my meals and night time ops getting people sleeping in there tents with the tins lol WACK!! You gotta have some fun they only get you back over the head with there mess tins the next night

VAMPY