Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Is this military german case authentic ?

Article about: Hello, a friend of mine has bought this military german case as something authentic and wants to be sure. If it`s authentic does someone knows how old is it , is it valuable? Thanks.

Maimundere
    ?

Default Is this military german case authentic ?

Hello,

a friend of mine has bought this military german case as something authentic and wants to be sure. If it`s authentic does someone knows how old is it , is it valuable? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this military german case authentic ?   Is this military german case authentic ?  

Is this military german case authentic ?   Is this military german case authentic ?  

Is this military german case authentic ?   Is this military german case authentic ?  

2. # ADS

?

I'm confident that this is a post-war item. A quick look on line shows that a 'Minenzunder DM56' is a post-war design. I imagine that someone on this forum will be able to tell you the year from the codes on the case, one of them probably includes the year. I imagine its relatively modern and not valuable. Useful box though.

Regards, Philip

For Bundeswehr anti-personnel mines - see 1345-12-127-4943, MINE,ANTIPERSONNEL

'5-62' might likely be the date, and as Philip says
    it's not valuable really. Hope he didn't buy it as
    a Third Reich item - or at a TR price.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

"12" is the NATO number for Germany, it is the second "group" of numbers in the Nato Stock Number...all NATO Countries have their own numbers, and some like the US have 2 "Country" codes

Dean O
    Canada

?

In other words - Yes it is authentik, authentik Bundeswehr that is. Made in Mai 1962.
    Sarge

Yes post war German box for mines and fuses still collectable but not worth much

Maimundere
    ?

Thank you all for the answers.

Actually he bought it without knowing neither he nor the seller what is the production year, but my friend gave for this stuff about 40 $ ,so he will be surely disappointed to hear that