MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Mint Unissued German Military Radio "Dorette" in Box!!!

Article about: Here is an item I bought late last week, came with some very interesting other items from the same old collection, still working on getting more out that collection for my own collection!!!

?

Default Mint Unissued German Military Radio "Dorette" in Box!!!

Here is an item I bought late last week, came with some very interesting other items from the same old collection, still working on getting more out that collection for my own collection!!!
    This is a very nice, unissued German WW2 short range Radio, code name Dorette, and I have found on the internet that the transcierver is not that rare, but the battery boxes are so rare that they reproduce them without the cables for show.
    This has the battery box and the wooden carrying box all well marked, too bad the headset is missing, but it still may be there where the collection .
    Now here is something interesting, I know very little about German Items ( I also picked up what I call Tinnies, some I have never seen before)..and I know even less about any type of Radio, but I do have a lot of WW2 Radio items as I bought a hoard sometime ago..still trying to figure a lot of it out. But when I saw the condition of this radio I had to buy it, Of course as it does not fit my collection, I will probably sell or trade it so I can get more items for my collection, problem is as my collection is somewhat large, it is getting harder to find things I need!!
    We all know what that is like.
    However, I thought the forum members here would like to see what these looked like in the original carrying box that is well marked, it has been stored for over 40 years!!!

Anyone have an idea of value??

Dean O.
    Ajax CanadaMint Unissued German Military Radio "Dorette" in Box!!!Mint Unissued German Military Radio "Dorette" in Box!!!Mint Unissued German Military Radio "Dorette" in Box!!!Mint Unissued German Military Radio "Dorette" in Box!!!Mint Unissued German Military Radio "Dorette" in Box!!!Mint Unissued German Military Radio "Dorette" in Box!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint Unissued German Military Radio "Dorette" in Box!!!
    P
    Many

?

Very nice.

Very nice an very rare. I know a man using it, in Norvegia. Where is the antenna ? it's a long model.

- - Updated - -

http://www.wehrtechnikmuseum.de/Exponate/Dorette/dorette.html

?

The aerial is in the top of the box, does not look like it has ever been removed.

Dean

I have a pair of these radios, complete with the battery boxes. The battery box is much more rare and valuable than the radio. Just the battery boxes have sold for over $1000

It takes the standard headsets and throat microphones. Both are fairly common but not really cheap any more.

Do you have the manual or field card with it?

Would you mind sharing dimensions of the shipping crate?

The value of the radio will be dramatically affected by the condition of the 2 RP 1,2 tubes in the radio. If those are functional, it will likely double as those tubes are made from unobtainium. The single DDD25 tube is much easier to find.

Super item.
    Great condition.
    chris