Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Modified German Holster

Article about: Hello everyone, Here's an interesting modified holster (dated 1940) that I picked up a few years ago. Interesting that the clip/tool(?) side pouches have been removed. I've always wondered i

?

Default Modified German Holster

Hello everyone,

Here's an interesting modified holster (dated 1940) that I picked up a few years ago. Interesting that the clip/tool(?) side pouches have been removed. I've always wondered if it is likely that it was vet-modified during the period or post war. It almost looks as if it might have been altered to hold a .45, but hard to know for sure or when the change occurred. I'm assuming it was originally for a Luger, but any information or comments would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modified German Holster   Modified German Holster  

Modified German Holster  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Modified German Holster
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Lol.....good one....what you have there is not a modified pistol holster....it's a modified MG pouch that was meant to carry tools and everything needed to look after the MG34....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks for the information JPhilip.

Tom

Quote by hftiii View Post
    Thanks for the information JPhilip.

Tom

Hello Tom,
    Just in case you don't know how it looks, here's an example also in leather from my collection...
    Thanks

Modified German Holster

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks for the photo, very cool! Wow, a major modification of a pouch, which is too bad. What are your thoughts.....was it likely done by a vet during the war? I have a theater-made knife (at least I believe it is) that was made from a bayonet with a nice hand made leather scabbard. I wondered if the holster is the same deal--a bored soldier with some time on his hands. Of course, hard to know for sure. Thanks again JPhilip.

Tom