Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

MP 40 Canvas Carrying Case

Article about: I'm looking for some advice from the knowledgeable Forum readers on the existence of a WWII carrying case for the MP 40 SMG that apparently holds the weapon and magazines. I know the magazin

Default MP 40 Canvas Carrying Case

I'm looking for some advice from the knowledgeable Forum readers on the existence of a WWII carrying case for the MP 40 SMG that apparently holds the weapon and magazines. I know the magazine pouches were issued and used but never heard of a "Canvas Carrying Case." A fellow collector friend of mine acquired one while stationed in France in the early 60's and claims it is "an original piece" and asked to research it for him as he is not very computer oriented and is trying to value some items.
    Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated. I'm traveling for a couple of weeks and will try to post a picture when I return home. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MP 40 Canvas Carrying Case
    P
    Many

Well although I've seen lots of copies of tragetasche für mp40 I have never seen any contemporary evidence from the Bundesarchiv or anywhere else to prove that such an item of equipment was ever issued during the war.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Well although I've seen lots of copies of tragetasche für mp40 I have never seen any contemporary evidence from the Bundesarchiv or anywhere else to prove that such an item of equipment was ever issued during the war.
    Yes, that is what I suspected also. Post-war made items. Thanks for the research and response!!

Quote by Iconsofglory View Post
    Yes, that is what I suspected also. Post-war made items. Thanks for the research and response!!
    I have never even heard of the replica item to be honest but for what it is worth it is always a good idea to ask a question from the viewpoint of a soldier;

Why would such a thing be issued for a sub-machine gun / machine pistol and what earthly use would it be?

Is there such a thing for the Luger or P38? Oh yeah, that will be the holster! I'm sure you get the point

As we often say, just because we haven't seen it before doesn't mean it isn't real. However, I think this may be the exception that proves the rule

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-04-2019 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I have never even heard of the replica item to be honest but for what it is worth it is always a good idea to ask a question from the viewpoint of a soldier;

Why would such a thing be issued for a sub-machine gun / machine pistol and what earthly use would it be?

Is there such a thing for the Luger or P38? Oh yeah, that will be the holster! I'm sure you get the point

As we often say, just because we haven't seen it before doesn't mean it isn't real. However, I think this may be the exception that proves the rule

Regards

Mark
    Excellent synopsis and reasoning post. Totally agree as mag pouches have a definite function and were used for their issue purpose why a special carrying case. Maybe a Unicorn item. Hopefully I can get a look at this and take some pics to post. Thank you form the reply Mark!