MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

MP38 40 leather pouches

Article about: Hi everyone What you think of this single pouch please?Any worth?Is it Original German WW2?thank ypu

Default MP38 40 leather pouches

Hi everyone
    What you think of this single pouch please?Any worth?Is it Original German WW2?thank ypu
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP38 40 leather pouches  
    Attached Images Attached Images MP38 40 leather pouches  MP38 40 leather pouches  MP38 40 leather pouches  MP38 40 leather pouches  MP38 40 leather pouches 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MP38 40 leather pouches
    P
    Many

Default Re: MP38 40 leather pouches

these are prewar Austrian democracy brown police Steyer pouches and because none buys Austrian items the seller marked them with
    bogus nazi stamps for the MP38 u 40 to make them more attractive & to rise the value high...after he repainted the brown colour to black to make them look kinda like early WAFFEN SS MP28II pouches in an effort to rise the value even higher...if you try to insert an MP40 magazine
    maybe you gonna have a hard time bc the solothurn mag was a bit shorter than the MP40 ones...so with the MP40 mag inserted wont be easy to close the flap...apart of this bogus job the pouch is a very nice & period one and most probably used by polizei & rear troops in Greece & Yugoslavia equiped with STEYERS-VOLLMER ERMAs & mp28IIs...so...we can still say that is a good period pouch but not exactly what is supposed to be....hope that helps

the big mp38 stamps fake But the waffenepts may be original as well as the colour bear in mind the germans did use austrian guns and did make them manufacture them to specifications such as the mp34 few things changed as well as the pouches changing colour from brown to black and the add of a waffenempt

Quote by talltom View Post
    the big mp38 stamps fake But the waffenepts may be original as well as the colour bear in mind the germans did use austrian guns and did make them manufacture them to specifications such as the mp34 few things changed as well as the pouches changing colour from brown to black and the add of a waffenempt
    Well...i have never seen this type of pouch in german service in any period pictures...that does'nt mean that they did'nt exist...most probably they did exist but who knows?...the pouch in overal looks "okay" to me as an Austrian & i like it for what it is but is an "okay" pouch for an Austrian MP34 and not for an MP38 or 40 as that's supposed to be...the Wa stamp i have a positive feeling that it would be "okay" though i dont trust it more than 50% but -hey...!!!just a moment...i dont like the black colour at all...!!!am pretty sure that is a recent repaint to make the pouch look more Germany...more Nazi...more SS...and of course to cover with a fresh coat of black paint the suspicious damage on the original brown by the hammering of the metal MP38 u 40 new made stamp...just see on the belt loops were the black repaint faided out & revealed the brown underskin...well...i think 90 euro's maximum is an honest price for this pouch if it's for sale but i dont think its worth a cent more...it's heavily pimped up...i still partly like it but i dont trust it to the point to risk more cash up on this...Siton if you sale it for 90 eu's that works for me & pls pm me...

Hi ,

This pouch is a one hundred percent postwar (1958 mostly) made for the Austrian Bundesheer.
    I know this for sure.
    The only "original" stamping is the "Stolla Wien" but without the number 40 of course.
    Hope that you did not pay much , because original Austrian Bundesheer pouches sell for around € 20.- to € 40.-

All the Best !