Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

MP38/40 Pouch with Magazines

Article about: A co-worker brought this in for me, knowing that I was a militaria collector. His father passed away about a month ago and found this while cleaning out the house to get it ready to sell. I

?

Default MP38/40 Pouch with Magazines

A co-worker brought this in for me, knowing that I was a militaria collector. His father passed away about a month ago and found this while cleaning out the house to get it ready to sell. I know that the magazines and loading tool are real. I don't know if the pouch it's self is real. I like to get some opinions on the pouch. If I can find out it's authenticity, or not, I will have a better idea of how much to give him in payment. I can not find any markings on it anywhere. Looking forward to hearing Your opinions, thanks for looking, Rob.MP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with Magazines

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MP38/40 Pouch with Magazines
    P
    Many

I spent some time looking at these a few months ago, and received a lot of information and help from other forum members. The blue colour would indicate these were Luftwaffe pouches. They were usually maker marked on one of the rear leather belt loops, with the most common manufacturer being 'clg'. I don't see any markings in your photographs, but that doesn't rule out their authenticity. The matching magazines and speed loader are certainly a good sign. It's possible that your co-worker's father picked it up from an airfield or other Luftwaffe installation, with the magazines and loader in place.

These can be an exceedingly difficult piece of gear to authenticate. They're also rather expensive pieces of kit, which of course means the fakers are all over them. Here's a similar one which I was looking at a few months ago, but ended up passing on. The general consensus at the time seemed to be that this one was authentic.

MP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with Magazines

Regards, B.B.

?

That one does look very much like the one I posted. Thanks for Your reply.

Quote by rob214 View Post
    A co-worker brought this in for me, knowing that I was a militaria collector. His father passed away about a month ago and found this while cleaning out the house to get it ready to sell. I know that the magazines and loading tool are real. I don't know if the pouch it's self is real. I like to get some opinions on the pouch. If I can find out it's authenticity, or not, I will have a better idea of how much to give him in payment. I can not find any markings on it anywhere. Looking forward to hearing Your opinions, thanks for looking, Rob.MP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with Magazines
    Pouches are repros.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I spent some time looking at these a few months ago, and received a lot of information and help from other forum members. The blue colour would indicate these were Luftwaffe pouches. They were usually maker marked on one of the rear leather belt loops, with the most common manufacturer being 'clg'. I don't see any markings in your photographs, but that doesn't rule out their authenticity. The matching magazines and speed loader are certainly a good sign. It's possible that your co-worker's father picked it up from an airfield or other Luftwaffe installation, with the magazines and loader in place.

These can be an exceedingly difficult piece of gear to authenticate. They're also rather expensive pieces of kit, which of course means the fakers are all over them. Here's a similar one which I was looking at a few months ago, but ended up passing on. The general consensus at the time seemed to be that this one was authentic.

MP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with MagazinesMP38/40 Pouch with Magazines

Regards, B.B.
    Blue color have nothing to do with luftwaffe. The blues pouches were used by all branches. Lw used also other color of pouches.