Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MP40 ammo pouch

Article about: Hi Guys, these are now much reproduced, so I thought that you might like to see an example from my collection which has direct Veteran provenance? I was given this pouch, along with two mags

Default MP40 ammo pouch

Hi Guys, these are now much reproduced, so I thought that you might like to see an example from my collection which has direct Veteran provenance?

I was given this pouch, along with two mags plus a mag loader by a British Commando Veteran friend of mine, Frank Barton. He "liberated" an MP40 in Normandy, which he then carried it throughout the campaign in North West Europe 1944-1945. Frank used this very ammo pouch.

The pouch is Luftwaffe blue/grey and has white ink stamps.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP40 ammo pouch   MP40 ammo pouch  

MP40 ammo pouch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MP40 ammo pouch
    P
    Many

Default Re: MP40 ammo pouch

Here are the mags which came with it, along with the loading tool. All are dated 1942.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP40 ammo pouch   MP40 ammo pouch  

MP40 ammo pouch   MP40 ammo pouch  

hello Adrian.nice historical piece with more nice story.

Wow, nice gift Ade
    Ben

I will scan a photo of Frank and post it in this thread. He had an interesting war.

Joined the Fusileers then volunteered for the Army Commandos. He fought in North Africa, where he landed dressed in American uniform as it was thought the Vichy French would be less likely to shoot at "US" troops. He was later taken POW by the Afrika Korps with about 30 other men after being surrounded and cut off and being low on ammo. Shipped to Italy. His brother was also in POW in Italy: their Mother wrote to the Pope and asked him to arrange for them to be reunited in the same camp. They escaped after the Italians surrended. He then joined his Commando unit where he was brought before the CO and told he was a disgrace to the unit for not fighting until "the last man and the last round!". As punishment he had to do his training all over again! Landed on D Day in Normandy and fought all the way through until VE Day. When he found that the Commandos were to be disbanded and he would be sent back to his old Regiment, he then volunteered for the Parachute Regiment. Got his wings in Palestine and then served a few more years with the Paras until he left the Army. I also have his rare 1st patern F-S Commando knife and his holster in my collection. I bought the knife from him in 1993 for £300.

Cheers, Ade.

Amazeing time in the military , been everywhere gave everything ago , awesome . Raymond

Hi Guys, here is Frank. He is the soldier on the right standing with the rifle over his shoulder and wearing the leather jerkin.

This photo is in many books about D Day.

It was first published in the British Sunday Newspaper the "News of the World" the weekend after D Day. Frank really liked this. Plus that newspaper had and still has an image of running rather "saucy" stories. Frank says it is his big claim to fame!

I have also included a pic of his FS knife.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Wow! An MP40 pouch with provenance. How rare is that!

Fantastic Ade, thanks for sharing

Cheers

Ian

Super items and nice thread too!!

I forgot to show the cut down 1937 pattern web tankers holster in this thread, so I have just taken a couple of pics.

Frank wore this in Palestine.

Cheers, Ade.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast