Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MP40 pouches

Article about: Dear all, I saw this pair of pouches today. They look quite nice to me but I am not sure... Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance for your help. Maiko

Default MP40 pouches

Dear all,
    I saw this pair of pouches today. They look quite nice to me but I am not sure...
    Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
    Maiko
    MP40 pouchesMP40 pouchesMP40 pouchesMP40 pouchesMP40 pouchesMP40 pouchesMP40 pouches
    Attached Images Attached Images MP40 pouches 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MP40 pouches
    P
    Many

i don't know if they are original or fakes since i've never handled one myself but the eagle on the leather strap says to me "i'm original, really, look i have the eagle mark on me so i'm ok"... So i would say it is a desperate try to look original but i would pass on them if i was you!

?

Question

OK, I'm curious - Why do you say "Fake"? What is it about them that gives you this Idea?
    By the way - your terminology is wrong! A "fake" is something that never existed. A "repro" is a copy of an original item.
    Sarge

Hi Sarge

The straps are wrong, the positioning of the back straps are wrong, the H stitching is wrong (although H stitching did exist) the stamp is wrong.... etc

And I disagree about the word fake

While a repro is a copy of an existing item (for re-enactors f.i.), a fake (in my humble opinion) is a product strictly made to deceive people.....
    These items were made to sell to people as originals, so the word repro imho is too soft.... fake clearly indicates that this product never existed (in the period we are meant to believe it is made in)

But that is all technicality.... english is not my mother tongue (for i'm dutch) so you might be correct...

Anyway, I will put it in other words : this is a facsimile, an imitation, a falsification, a fraud, a swindle.... in short, a fake

Tom

I'd have to agree that these are fakes. If they were repros they would be in good condition to simulate a newly issued pouch. These are made to look old, as if they've seen some war, 'to deceive collectors'.

Hello,
    Repro, fake, copy, crap, poop.....
    whatever word you use, they're still.......bad.....uffff didn't know what word to use...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

if they don't have a modern date or repro stamped on them, then the intend is to fool the novice collector

I agree if they are post-war Czech, east german, Yugo they they would not be fakes or repro's they would be post war, unless they are stamped with phoney stamps

Thank you to all of you !!!
    Cheers
    Maiko

SRB
    ?

maybe it's false, but it is good to have in your collection (I hope I did not cost much)

all the best

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast