Become our sponsor and display your banner here

My first gas can mask set

Article about: Hi all, I just picked up this dug relic can and mask and wanted to get your opinions or help with the name,markings or feldpost number. I think its a really cool item to add to my relic coll

Default My first gas can mask set

Hi all,
    I just picked up this dug relic can and mask and wanted to get your opinions or help with the name,markings or feldpost number. I think its a really cool item to add to my relic collection, I hope you all agree does anyone know where I can get a nice original or repo set of straps for it or should I just leave it as is.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqVHJBsE-+rvofziBQ!4l81MQQ~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	372783Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqR,!mIE+ubCNtE8BQ!4mDfNv!~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	372784Name:  $T2eC16N,!zoE9s5nd85qBQ!4mPtG7g~~60_14.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  1.9 KBName:  $(KGrHqR,!i!E-zqLJQUoBQ!4mOgD-w~~60_14.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  1.8 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16RHJF8E9nnC7RMkBQ!4mKOdfQ~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	372787

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first gas can mask set

very nice and in superb condition ,id leave it in the condition it was found , thanks for sharing james

hi there nice relic, it is what it is so i would not add a strap, here is what i got for the number

Feldpostnummer 48329
    (2.1.1940-11.3.1943) 1. Kompanie Infanterie-Divisions-Nachrichten-Abteilung 23

?

Very nice indeed. Best left alone I would think. It is fine as it is, adding to it will destroy a part of history. Just my opinion though.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

thanks for the help, I wont put a strap on it, I tend to agree with keeping it as is, but I may get a spare lense kit for inside just to have an added bonus, Does Kompanie Infanterie-Divisions-Nachrichten-Abteilung 23 mean 23rd infantry division? not sure what nachrichten or abteilung means, according too google it was reorganized in july 42 to 26th panzer then back to a new 23rd infantry, trying to figure all this is out is fun yet very confusing to a new person in the hobby.

im not sure if this should be classed as a relic ,well not a ground dug one anyway it looks to be in to good a condition i would say dry stored maybe a barn find at most , i would definately like this in my collection you have a great start to your collection keep up the good work ,james

Looks great, but I agree with it being a barn find or something similar. I would definatly leave it as is, heaps of character at then moment, don't want to ruin it.

Jason

yes you are right, I got confused, technically its a battlefield relic, not a dug relic, it was a barn/attic find in the area of the kurland battle, that is what the seller claimed and he is a respectable dealer. Ive been trying to collect DUG relics only but this was too nice to pass up. I will post pictures of all my items when im complete with my display, its going to look super cool