Become our sponsor and display your banner here

My first M31 breadbag

Article about: Hi I have a few questions regarding this,and would be very grateful for any replies. I am wondering if anyone recognizes the stamp on the bag?If anyone knows what the odd replacement button

?

Default My first M31 breadbag

Hi I have a few questions regarding this,and would be very grateful for any replies.
    I am wondering if anyone recognizes the stamp on the bag?If anyone knows what the odd replacement button (In the last photo)might be?
    I am also intrigued by the rectangular design cut into the front leather loops,which I have only seen on some of the breadbags I have viewed online.
    Is it simply decorative?
    I have really enjoyed the reference thread for these on the forum and hope I learned enough to purchase a nice example.
    Thanks for any comments members may care to make.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first M31 breadbag   My first M31 breadbag  

My first M31 breadbag   My first M31 breadbag  

My first M31 breadbag   My first M31 breadbag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first M31 breadbag
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Your Brotbeutel is fine. It was most probably produced early war for the Heer but was accepted in 1940 within the Luftwaffe as indicated by the stamp L.B.A B.40. The button retaining the belt loop is a replacement. As your example has seen some action, there's nothing unusual here.
    The rectangular design on the flap loops is sometimes seen on early examples. Nothing unusual as well.
    It is known that this design is decorative only. The only small problem which is not really one is the central hook made of steel while the rest of the fittings are aluminium. If it's not a replacement, it must have been one of the first steel hooks put into production. Nice been there seen that example, congrats for your purchase, it's nice
    Thanks
    "I never used a gun in combat during the war, but i killed hundreds, perhaps thousands of men, they're now at the bottom of the sea..."
    (Walter Borg, former member of the Groupe Mounier and MI6 agent/radio operator)

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thank you so much for your concise response.