Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My "new" canteens

Article about: I bought this canteens and mess tin few days ago. I don't know for this red one and for mess tin. Mess tin doesn't have any markings and that's why I think it's yugoslavian post war... I wou

Default My "new" canteens

I bought this canteens and mess tin few days ago.
    I don't know for this red one and for mess tin. Mess tin doesn't have any markings and that's why I think it's yugoslavian post war... I would like to hear other opinions...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My "new" canteens   My "new" canteens  

My "new" canteens   My "new" canteens  

My "new" canteens  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My "new" canteens
    P
    Many

Default Re: My "new" canteens

The red one is WW2 German. I have a similiar one.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade! I've never seen that model... Please feel free to post your canteen here.

Default Re: My 'new' canteens

Hi, I brought this water bottle in a second hand shop in Eindhoven for 1.50 Euros but do not know what it is. Similar in style to WW2 German but different shape, fluted and with sewn on brown cloth cover (those things usually have poppers, right?) What does anyone think?
    My "new" canteens

My "new" canteens

My "new" canteens

red one is so called erzac flask.i have few of them.some has marking on front: -44

Spitace41, that's hungarian canteen. I believe that this one is wartime. Postwar canteens have minimal differences and are usually without markings. Wartime canteens should have year of production, but I think it's not every time. Oh, and you did'nt payed alot.

ostlanddigger, thank you for information!

Thank you very much Schachbrett, very useful information.

Hello,
    the red canteen has nothing special, this is the middle to late war canteen with red lacquer on it. Does also exist in black color. When the canteen is green, it is just paint, not lacquer. I'll try to post a pic of a complete one for you to see...
    Does the messkit have the three marks for soup rations ?
    thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

It has no markings at all. I'll post yugoslavian messkit later. It's green and dated 1956.

?

Pozdrav Schachbrett, 2 of those canteens appears to be italian, 2 german and one looks like a austro-hungarian WW1.
    with regards to the mess kit, could you post some additional pics?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast