Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi Cups, What did i buy!?

Article about: Hi, recently purchased these from a friend at a military collector auction. My first question is are these original and rare? My second is what were they used for... Looking to find them a g

Default Nazi Cups, What did i buy!?

Nazi Cups, What did i buy!?Hi, recently purchased these from a friend at a military collector auction.
    My first question is are these original and rare?
    My second is what were they used for...
    Looking to find them a good home but I have no idea where to start with $

Says theyre a few inches tall?

Maybe I can trade them for a Luftwaffe badge or dagger or if they're SS cups then something even better? High hopes, I'm actually nervous to find out what I bought!

Thanks,

AnthonyNazi Cups, What did i buy!?Nazi Cups, What did i buy!?Nazi Cups, What did i buy!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Cups, What did i buy!?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi Cups, What did i buy!?

They appear to be genuine creamers from the Deutsche Hof Hotel in Nuremburg.

QUOTE: The Deutsche Hof was Hitler's favorite hotel and was located in the center of Nuremberg. The Führer always stayed there when he visited this medieval city and it became his headquarters during the Party rallies held each September. The hotel was so grateful for Hitler’s endorsement and consistent presence that it had various flatware and serving pieces produced with the NSDAP symbols and swastikas. These pieces are normally of silver plate. END QUOTE: Wittmann Militaria.

They should be stamped on the base 'Gebru.Hepp' or 'Gebr. Hepp' or even 'Gebruder Hepp.' The amount it holds 0,05 is also stamped. Wittmann is asking $250 for one.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

For interests sake, Deutscher Hof Hotel then...

...and now, taken December 2011.

Wow awesome pictures, Incredible to have something that I can trace back...Im going to take some nice HD pics of them soon. Im sure the hotel wont buy them back so ill have to put them up online for everyone to enjoy for now!
    Thanks for the info guys, many thanks, and tons more random stuff like this to come. I have a lot of work to do this summer.

Best Regards,
    Anthony

Got them in the mail today FINALLY, they say GEBR.HEPP and then what looks like 80 or 800? Are they Silver by any chance that would open up the market for these alot. Putting them in classifieds today. Thanks!

If these were used to serve Hitler and his closest compadres then I sure will have a good time finding a buyer!
    Awesome history, Since the mail arrived today I have beem looking at them all day lol

Wonderful historical artifacts and all you're interested in is the cash??

I understand what you mean my friend, and if I could I would keep All of our world military collectibles...Unfortunately I am putting myself through college along with helping my father run our antiques and collectibles small business on the side...If I could afford to keep them I would love to, but I do make sure everything we come across gets into GOOD HANDS. I am not able to display these at this time in my life and want someone who will cherish them as the one of a kind historical artifacts they are. I have a whole room of rescued artifacts from all over the world I am working on, and theres Lots more to do...These cups were hidden away in a cabinet for 66 years until I was lucky enough to buy them. If they're sold the money at least will be didicated to a VW jetta or passat to commute to Boston and finish my engineering degree.

Maybe someone will trade me a dagger, youth knife or luftwaffe badge for these, I'd rather have those things over cash any day. Damn finances!
    Thanks, best regards and take care!
    Anthony

'NewEnglandSeller'.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I see in your classified ad for these cups Anthony, that you decided to help yourself to my personal image of the Deutscher Hof Hotel without permission.

You really are excited about squeezing as much cash out of these cups as you can aren't you?

This is the 'War Relics' forum my friend, not the 'Free authentication, valuation and sales assistance' Forum.