Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

NCO's Map Case & Sleeve

Article about: Picked up this NCO's map case at a flea-market on Saturday. You do see them from time to time. This one however unlike most others had a map sleeve in it. The case is stamped - RBN ? /047/60

?

Default NCO's Map Case & Sleeve

Picked up this NCO's map case at a flea-market on Saturday. You do see them from time to time. This one however unlike most others had a map sleeve in it. The case is stamped - RBN ? /047/6003 and the sleeve is marked J.H.Kofler Bad Homburg 1941. I also found two soft leather cases inside the map case, at first I thought they maybe for glasses but as you see, they are much too long. Would any member know if they have a military connection or not ? or the number next to Obgf. Kramer 10208/A for what could it be? Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NCO's Map Case & Sleeve   NCO's Map Case & Sleeve  

NCO's Map Case & Sleeve   NCO's Map Case & Sleeve  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NCO's Map Case & Sleeve
    P
    Many

Default Re: NCO's Map Case & Sleeve

Nice case Alec - I think these are underated. Some trainspotters consider them not to be "real" map cases because they don't have the little pocket for the distance tool but I just consider it a later variant design. The sleeve is a good early one as well but I think the long sleeves may be commercially made for rulers ( maybe a slide rule? )
    Dan

Hi Alec, 10208 is a Feldpost number for:

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 2.Artillerie-Kolonne schwere Artillerie-Abteilung 615,

(2.1.1940-27.4.1940) 3. Kolonne schwere Artillerie-Abteilung 616,

(28.4.1940-14.9.1940) gestrichen,

(15.9.1940-31.1.1941) Stab I u. 1.-5. Kompanie Infanterie-Regiment 207,

(15.7.1942-24.1.1943) Stab I u.1.-5. Kompanie Jäger-Regiment 207.

Good item!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade,
    It didn't occur to me that it was a Feldpost number. Judging by the dated layout you give and the map case & sleeve dates, the most likely unit it was used with was the last - Jäger Regiment 207. Again thanks for the post.